New Everton Stadium Discussion

Anfield have only got the permission for 5 years for concerts. Beyond that it'll be resident dependent if they apply again. Both can still hold concerts though if it comes down to it. You get summer gigs at both Manchester football stadiums.

I don't think stadium gigs are a game changer and certainly not the financial boom some may think. If we were realy serious about becoming a multi use venue we'd have had a USP like removeable pitch/roof as @Tom Hughes says. As it stands we'd be competing regionally with the Etihad and OT (cricket) as well as Anfield for big acts (forget about MUFC OT). We may have better facilities than Anfield, and you'd hope some design considerations have been made for such events, but Etihad will be on par and OT is very popular as it has a massive standing area.

Promoters do not allow most bands regardless of size to perform at both Liverpool and Manchester on the same tour (at least not on the same leg) so we'll have to work hard to entice acts to Liverpool from Manchester even when BMD is built.

I don't think stadium gigs are a game changer and certainly not the financial boom some may think. If we were realy serious about becoming a multi use venue we'd have had a USP like removeable pitch/roof as @Tom Hughes says. As it stands we'd be competing regionally with the Etihad and OT (cricket) as well as Anfield for big acts (forget about MUFC OT). We may have better facilities than Anfield, and you'd hope some design considerations have been made for such events, but Etihad will be on par and OT is very popular as it has a massive standing area.

Promoters do not allow most bands regardless of size to perform at both Liverpool and Manchester on the same tour (at least not on the same leg) so we'll have to work hard to entice acts to Liverpool from Manchester even when BMD is built.

BMD trumps them all on location alone.

BMD trumps them all on location alone.

Location doesn't win out. Accessibility and facilities do.

I agree our location is the best aesthetically but that isn't #1 on a promoters list. Manchester is much more accessible as a city unfortunatly.

I think a closing roof and moveable pitch would be a game-changer in that respect. It would offer year round concert useage, which none of the other competing facilities have. There are only so many big acts that can fill that type of venue but we could've become the go to large concert arena in the UK. It has the added benefit that we could be properly protected from the elements on rainy matchdays, with the obvious atmosphere enhancement of a fully covered stadium. A recurring theme in several new stadia with their high roof lines is the exposure of the first 10-20 rows when it rains. You see it regularly at the Emirates and at City. Nothing worse than sitting in the rain, especially after spending £500m to "improve" the matchday experience. Feyenoord's new waterfront stadium is larger and has a closing roof.... yet is cheaper.

I think a closing roof and moveable pitch would be a game-changer in that respect. It would offer year round concert useage, which none of the other competing facilities have. There are only so many big acts that can fill that type of venue but we could've become the go to large concert arena in the UK. It has the added benefit that we could be properly protected from the elements on rainy matchdays, with the obvious atmosphere enhancement of a fully covered stadium. A recurring theme in several new stadia with their high roof lines is the exposure of the first 10-20 rows when it rains. You see it regularly at the Emirates and at City. Nothing worse than sitting in the rain, especially after spending £500m to "improve" the matchday experience. Feyenoord's new waterfront stadium is larger and has a closing roof.... yet is

Bill Kenwright said in the presentation of the stadium at the Titanic that £100 million of the £500 million total cost would be spent on infilling of the dock alone, so you could say the stadium build would be around the £400 million mark?

What design feature makes BMD the automatic choice over the larger Anfield for concerts etc, how will these be additional tourists to now, as LFC have already got into that market? If the stadium had a full or closing roof and or moving pitch i would see that argument.

What enabling developments are there going to be because of BMD? I don't think I've seen any enabling developments specific to the stadium project and certainly none contributing to its cost. Apart from a small hotel development which i think was coming anyway, I may have missed them. Yes, it could act as a prompt for quicker developments of a certain type, not definitively an enabler..... but thus far that hasn't even stretched to new infrastructure by way of a new station at Vauxhall. It could be a driver for the Lime Line trackless tram proposals... running directly from Sandhills to link all developments along the waterfront and town.
Tom we ain’t redeveloping Goodson
If you can’t see the dots being put in place then you’re not looking hard enough

Apparently our stadium plans seems to be the final straw for UNESCO, who are now recommending the city be stripped of it's World Heritage status..... :coffee:

It's becoming clear that the RS are meddling here and have been getting into UNESCO's ear to try and stop the stadium going ahead. It's a disgrace because they won't succeed but it's backfired on the city by losing WHS.

There's no depths they won't sink to.