New Everton Stadium Discussion

This is one from down there, near Princess dock. His name is Dixie

View attachment 124093

Looks delicious. Spicy crispy cormorant wrap, don‘t mind if I do.

618A299B-FA7F-4E8E-85BA-51B21703B3A7.jpeg

I’m not sure what they’ve proposed is really what they want, but their target is some sort of middle ground where those 12 clubs are always guaranteed CL qualifying and promise to stay inside the current system if they do.
Personally I hope that these up start clubs do leave and we can get rid of the media associated with it.
I just hope the German and French clubs stand firm.
This.
Down the track some version(s) will get adopted as a compromise - until the next set of demands

it's a massive PR own goal for the clubs - but the owners (with the exception of city) dont care about that.

If this ends up with changes to voting in PL & structural change in CL & its revenue distribution have they won either way?

Depends on the costs paid to accomplish the objective.

It's a little early to assess the financial and competitive fallout. First we have to see if this sinks or swims, then we have to see if there are evident effects in the transfer market.

This.
Down the track some version(s) will get adopted as a compromise - until the next set of demands
This is my concern also. If let proceed with their midweek games ruse, they will be back in two years looking to switch it to weekend games with an olive branch of ESL 2 division and a further set of invites with restricted promotion access. At that point it will be so long suckers to their domestic leagues entirely.

I also expect they have some form of global champions league planned as a mid week event at that point too. A few MLS, chinese clubs etc. This needs to be killed now.

It is still the best way forward to complete the new stadium, there will remain top european clubs to play in the european competitions and top clubs in our domestic competitions to play in. We can look forward to that.

This is my concern also. If let proceed with their midweek games ruse, they will be back in two years looking to switch it to weekend games with an olive branch of ESL 2 division and a further set of invites with restricted promotion access. At that point it will be so long suckers to their domestic leagues entirely.

I also expect they have some form of global champions league planned as a mid week event at that point too. A few MLS, chinese clubs etc. This needs to be killed now.

Will there be restricted relegation process for the likes of the RS, Barca Real Man U etc?

Do they care for the fans with the increased costs, hardly it is just about money for Global TV.

Massive opportunity starting to present here... if they are out of Europe for punishment next season and we get in.. plus likely changes in ownership galore.. the upcoming transfer window will see lots of players available at surprising prices