New Everton Stadium Discussion

The more I think about it the more I think the situation is a win win for USM.

If the Top 6 leave and the PL becomes strong again over time with Everton as one of the front runners - USM own one of the biggest clubs in the leagie.

Or if the league flat lines and this mythical Super League expands over time then Everton would be invited at some stage certainly if they had some 52k world class stadium and the fanbase size etc.

For me I cant see this not going ahead as scheduled regardless of what happens. Usmanov is a VERY wealthy man and whatever is needed to be paid towards the £500 million stadium isnt massive money for a bloke worth over £12+ billion if the banks start getting funny over what they are willing to lend etc.
If UEFA and FIFA can’t squash this idea then they lose control of football. The next target would be international matches, and when established they would probably pull out of national leagues all together (if they aren’t banned).
There has to be a combined regulatory and political response to stop this happening.
If it does successfully go ahead, the revenue streams will dwindle significantly for the rump clubs and we will have a much poorer squad as a result. Schniderlin and Davies will be as good as it gets!
The risk associated with spending 500m on a stadium will probably not be worth it. The current financial forecasts are based on relatively stable PL money secured into the future, not Championship levels of funding This move puts the stadium at considerable risk.

A second SL division is as likely to be made up of other global teams as another round of European teams. Once the structure of football is broken there is nothing to hold them back. There is no guarantee we would be invited.

I think it has to be fought tooth and nail right now. If they form the league, they will leave PL at some point In the future. We may as well face the consequences now before they have it established. It won’t get any easier to stop.

I hope the PL expels them. We will have to deal with the catastrophic loss of revenue at some point so it may as well be now while we can still financially damage them enough to make them think twice.

If FIFA can impose the international ban Whilst governments make anti competition moves against them there is still a good chance to stop it.

If UEFA and FIFA can’t squash this idea then they lose control of football. The next target would be international matches, and when established they would probably pull out of national leagues all together (if they aren’t banned).
There has to be a combined regulatory and political response to stop this happening.
If it does successfully go ahead, the revenue streams will dwindle significantly for the rump clubs and we will have a much poorer squad as a result. Schniderlin and Davies will be as good as it gets!
The risk associated with spending 500m on a stadium will probably not be worth it. The current financial forecasts are based on relatively stable PL money secured into the future, not Championship levels of funding This move puts the stadium at considerable risk.

A second SL division is as likely to be made up of other global teams as another round of European teams. Once the structure of football is broken there is nothing to hold them back. There is no guarantee we would be invited.

I think it has to be fought tooth and nail right now. If they form the league, they will leave PL at some point In the future. We may as well face the consequences now before they have it established. It won’t get any easier to stop.

I hope the PL expels them. We will have to deal with the catastrophic loss of revenue at some point so it may as well be now while we can still financially damage them enough to make them think twice.

If FIFA can impose the international ban Whilst governments make anti competition moves against them there is still a good chance to stop it.

You worry a lot mate I remember your posts saying we wouldnt spend much last summer with Covid!

End of the day they have invested a lot of money into Everton Football Club and the BMD project (with Liverpool Waters in the background/Peel.)

If you think it wont happen fair enough but until the club come out and say so I don't think its doing the fans any good at an already uncertain time to be making doomsday predictions.

Football was here long before Chelsea and Man City won the lotteries and it'll be here long after they have gone when the next clubs win big (us potentially) Newcastle with the Saudi's? Etc.

You worry a lot mate I remember your posts saying we wouldnt spend much last summer with Covid!

End of the day they have invested a lot of money into Everton Football Club and the BMD project (with Liverpool Waters in the background/Peel.)

If you think it wont happen fair enough but until the club come out and say so I don't think its doing the fans any good at an already uncertain time to be making doomsday predictions.

Football was here long before Chelsea and Man City won the lotteries and it'll be here long after they have gone when the next clubs win big (us potentially) Newcastle with the Saudi's? Etc.
This is the biggest change to the football structure ever. No relegation. Just think about that.
I’m sure every owner will be having a pause to think about the implications right now.
£500m is an awful lot to take a chance with.

If they get kicked out of their domestic league then the whole concept falls apart. No one will be interested in a closed shop league of exhibition games, with a single winner and 11 (or 19 if they find their extra teams) who get nothing with no prospect of qualifying for anything else.
The teams who drop out at the group stages or early knockout rounds will be forced to go around the world playing exhibition matches against each other until the next tournament starts.

This is the biggest change to the football structure ever. No relegation. Just think about that.
I’m sure every owner will be having a pause to think about the implications right now.
£500m is an awful lot to take a chance with.

I agree however businessmen particularly rich ones are stubborn.

Everyone said Abramovich would have given up on Chelsea over his visa issue then he goes and spends £250 million and tries changing football as we know it.

If Usmanov and Moshiri want Everton as a vanity project this wont sway them imo.

I agree however businessmen particularly rich ones are stubborn.

Everyone said Abramovich would have given up on Chelsea over his visa issue then he goes and spends £250 million and tries changing football as we know it.

If Usmanov and Moshiri want Everton as a vanity project this wont sway them imo.
I hope you are right.

I actually think governments will step in and prevent it from happening. European football culture is far too valuable to let a bunch of cowboy American bankers take it over.

If they get kicked out of their domestic league then the whole concept falls apart. No one will be interested in a closed shop league of exhibition games, with a single winner and 11 (or 19 if they find their extra teams) who get nothing with no prospect of qualifying for anything else.
Actually this greedy lot will get something loadsamoney which is want they want.

Hmmm...rubs chin.

Usmanov wont be letting some Yanks stop him having the "USM Arena" on the banks of a multi billion pound investment project.
What I can't understand is...If someone like me figured out there could be a breakaway league (and I haven't a clue)....Then the likes of Morishi & and his friend Usamov must have known this was going to happen ages ago!
£500 million is still being spent on a world class stadium.....How do we know that the Everton owner/s haven't been in private talks abut this?.....You don't get to accumulate £13 Billion by not being in the know!

Ferguson, ex-Manchester United manager and icon of the club, had his say on the plans in an interview with Reuters.

“Talk of a Super League is a move away from 70 years of European club football,” he said.

“Both as a player for a provincial team Dunfermline in the 60s and as a manager at Aberdeen winning the European Cup Winners’ Cup, for a small provincial club in Scotland it was like climbing Mount Everest.

“Everton are spending £500 million to build a new stadium with the ambition to play in Champions League. Fans all over love the competition as it is.”

https://www.[Publication is blacklisted]/static/uploads/6/2021/03/rsz_everton-fc-v-arsenal-fc-premier-league.jpg

All for nothing?

It’s a disgraceful decision by the greedy Premier League six and a huge show of disrespect to every other club in the country.

Perhaps we should feel honoured that our presence is troubling the elite clubs but we can’t help feel anger, dismay and bitterness over how this is being played out, and the reasons behind it.

As Ferguson said, we’ve got bit ambitions ourselves and the creation of a brand spanking new stadium was supposed to be one of the crowning moments of our ascent back to the big time.

Our £500million plans for a new 52,000-capacity stadium on the Liverpool waterfront was finally given the go-ahead last month [BBC] after countless years of campaigning.

As much as we love Goodison Park and the heritage behind it the reality is that we are losing out on vital funds and this new enhanced stadium move is supposed to open up new possibilities for us and allow the Blues to compete with the European elite.

But now we’re being told that could all be for nothing.

It’s a real sickener for fans and our owner Farhad Moshiri who is investing big to get us to the top.

Now we’re being told that could be made impossible, and it leaves a really sour taste.

The idea is dead in the water already.

A massive own goal for these clubs
If so, United, Pool 100% and possibly Arsenal will all be for sale same time this Summer. Which would be just wonderful. The RS would probably go full circle virtue signalling in going to a fan owned model ironically. The shameless bells.