New Everton Stadium Discussion

I'm just saying, it'll be fans paying it off and that it's not free.

Surely the near 25% rise in attendance and better corporate/commercial facilities makes this a no-brainer from a financial perspective?

And that's not taking into account the naming rights opportunities it opens up for us.

I do know this though Dave; we'll be playing at this stadium LOOONG after it's finished being payed for, so it's a no-brainer for me.

I can see a scenario, for a while at least, where perhaps we carry on operating at the revenue Goodison generates, whilst the extra goes towards getting the place paid for.

Also, something I've not seen mentioned; does the extra revenue instantly lift our FFP threshold regardless of debt incurred?

Surely the near 25% rise in attendance and better corporate/commercial facilities makes this a no-brainer from a financial perspective?
And that's not taking into account the naming rights opportunities it opens up for us.
I do know this though Dave; we'll be playing at this stadium LOOONG after it's finished being payed for, so it's a no-brainer for me.
I can see a scenario, for a while at least, where perhaps we carry on operating at the revenue Goodison generates, whilst the extra goes towards getting the place paid for.
Also, something I've not seen mentioned; does the extra revenue instantly lift our FFP threshold regardless of debt incurred?
Probably. But it'd depend on priorities what went on the team and what went to stadium debt repayment.

IMO our best scenario is a building a brand new state of the art stadium and attracting new ownership where money is not an issue. The Man City route when they snagged Mansour.

Probably. But it'd depend on priorities what went on the team and what went to stadium debt repayment.

IMO our best scenario is a building a brand new state of the art stadium and attracting new ownership where money is not an issue. The Man City route when they snagged Mansour.
No owner in football has spent more than Moshiri since he took over Everton.

But sure, let's replace him.

Get back to the Corona thread, Bruce is praising the Germans.

No owner in football has spent more than Moshiri since he took over Everton.

But sure, let's replace him.

Get back to the Corona thread, Bruce is praising the Germans.
The club spent that, not him. Check out the club revenue increase from tv since the carpet bagger arrived.

He might have allowed that spending on players (and appointed hopeless managers and DoF who wasted it) but that level of cash would be dwarfed by what we need to get into the elite now.

If Everton were to emulated Chelsea and then City and their level of spending now and try and make the leap, we'd have to see about £500M spent in each of the first two seasons of any takeover to get the squad, manager and backroom staff in place. That is way beyond Moshiri.

I was back in work yesterday after shielding and decided to take a walk down to the site at lunchtime, it took 35 minutes from by the Met Quarter to the Bramley Moore sign.

The club spent that, not him. Check out the club revenue increase from tv since the carpet bagger arrived.

He might have allowed that spending on players (and appointed hopeless managers and DoF who wasted it) but that level of cash would be dwarfed by what we need to get into the elite now.

If Everton were to emulated Chelsea and then City and their level of spending now and try and make the leap, we'd have to see about £500M spent in each of the first two seasons of any takeover to get the squad, manager and backroom staff in place. That is way beyond Moshiri.

he’s a billionaire usmanov is a billionaire

we’re rich and we will and can compete that’s all we care about Dave

All of the clubs have had the TV money, so by your thinking we should have spent in line with the rest.

So either way Moshiri is better than 90% of owners out there. In fact the teams that have spent more have way bigger incomes through sponsorship so their expenditure might come from that, so the Mosh is number 1. Glad we cleared up this carpetbagger nonsense. ;)

How long was it going back?
And how long is your lunch hour ffs?
no wonder this country is on its knees
35 mins
my lunch is technically an hour but its a sound place so no one is arsed with 10 mins here and there, there will be times where i will work an extra 10 mins somewhere down the line. I noticed that that Bramley Moore pub is a total dump by the way, deffo needs a lick of paint that yard.

35 mins
my lunch is technically an hour but its a sound place so no one is arsed with 10 mins here and there, there will be times where i will work an extra 10 mins somewhere down the line. I noticed that that Bramley Moore pub is a total dump by the way, deffo needs a lick of paint that yard.
Sounds a good place to work.
I think the Bramley Moore pub will be very busy soon, takeaway food and drinks, I understand there is a refurb planned. ;)