New Everton Stadium Discussion

I'm stunned at Davek's apprehension over this.

Can he not see a new stadium is a sign of the owner's intent about getting this club back where it belongs?

I don't understand any Evertonian who doesn't want this to happen, pretty weird behavior if you ask me, is just that tiny inkling of thought you have of if it doesn't happen you can say "I told you so".
You don’t really know our Dave do you

I think we will get a loan for the whole amount personally.

Then I suspect the USM naming rights will cover the majority of the repayments.
That’s the plan
If he will pay 30m to be allowed bid for the naming rights , what will he be prepared to pay for the actual naming rights
It will be a movable feast I.e whatever we need at any given point in time

I'm stunned at Davek's apprehension over this.

Can he not see a new stadium is a sign of the owner's intent about getting this club back where it belongs?

I don't understand any Evertonian who doesn't want this to happen, pretty weird behavior if you ask me, is just that tiny inkling of thought you have of if it doesn't happen you can say "I told you so".
I'm stunned that you're stunned.

The evidence is there. Pages and pages of posts varying from apprehension, fantasy or just plain good old fashioned ramblings of a lunatic.

The man really is Chicken Licken.

I'm just saying, it'll be fans paying it off and that it's not free.

I'm delighted we have it, but that doesn't mean it's secured...or that the club once it is built are in a good place to use all the revenue from it.
I remember you consistently saying about the stadium that “it won’t happen”. Looks like you were completely wrong about that which kinda invalidates your other points...

Last edited:
I'm just saying, it'll be fans paying it off and that it's not free.

I'm delighted we have it, but that doesn't mean it's secured...or that the club once it is built are in a good place to use all the revenue from it.
Obviously the fans will pay for it in the end. That’s the nature of football.

Liverpool were going to bid for the CWG, just not that particular one. They were thinking about 2030+. What happened was, Durban got into trouble and it was pulled off them. Liverpool threw their hat in the ring, as did Birmingham. Had it been awarded to either it wouldn't be awarded to a UK City again for quite some time, so LCC had to offer something that other UK cities couldn't, and that was a games surrounding the Docks. Of course, Everton building there offered a great opportunity to sell further on it. There had been talk of them building a floating athletics track on Nelson next door. This led to some mistaking that for Everton extending onto Nelson docks also. BMD would have been the centrepiece for opening and closing, but couldn't have hosted the track and field events.
Liverpool was never going to win a UK bid over Birmingham. The whole of the London lobby ,Seb Coe and all his political buddies, were behind the Birmingham bid from the off.

Mate we havent won anything for 26 years, if there is one thing we cant talk about its others teams trophy cabinet's

We can when people start claiming that Spurs have a 'much bigger worldwide fan base' than us.

They're a big club, but no way are they a bigger club than Everton.

They got a world class striker for free, for half a decade, and had their best years in quite some time. Still only been also-rans though.

Just build it, it’s not my money

This really, who cares about the cost, the cost of doing nothing is far more risky.

We should be looking on the bright side that this stadium is only going to cost 140 million more than the Emirates despite when finished being nearly 20 years on from that. There could easily be one of those jumps at any point where 1 billion will be the starting price for these stadiums.