New Everton Stadium Discussion

I just hope between now and the final construction that there'll be more seats (another 10000 would be nice), some overhanging tiers or even a double decker in the north stand, maybe more premium boxes. I don't think there is any reason why we should not have BMD as ambitious as NWHL. It may be too late to make such changes. Opportunity missed.

I just hope between now and the final construction that there'll be more seats (another 10000 would be nice), some overhanging tiers or even a double decker in the north stand, maybe more premium boxes. I don't think there is any reason why we should not have BMD as ambitious as NWHL. It may be too late to make such changes. Opportunity missed.
It’s too late, you’re talking about fundamentall changes in design.

We are building a word-class stadium on the docks and people find fault before the first brick is even laid.

This fanbase man.

Those tickets would have been sold before companies started getting more strict on accepting corporate gifts etc.

In the past 5 years the corporate box thing has become less popular. Loads of companies (including my own) have not renewed boxes for client entertainment at major sporting venues. They have been finding it increasingly difficult to find enough client to fill the seats on a regular basis. There has been a shift towards having access to some premium seat tickets.

I think Arsenal ripped out some corporate boxes in favour of larger bars for premium ticket holders.
Exactly. Especially in financial services there are all manner of rules governing hospitality and gifts that could be classed as inducements. Gone sadly

We are building a word-class stadium on the docks and people find fault before the first brick is even laid.

This fanbase man.

Na mate. I've always said the capacity is too low, I've questioned why there could not be a double decker end. It's a world class stadium that is in my opinion a bit underwhelming. Always have said we should make it as big as we can.

It’s too late, you’re talking about fundamentall changes in design.

Not really. The original plans revealed at St Lukes were extremely similar and were for 60000. The plans have in essence been scaled back. Either the club are not confident in the fan base or it was a financial decision. I've always said the club should be bold and be ambitious the stadium design is fantastic just short on capacity. We will fill this BMD when we move there no doubt about it.

Na mate. I've always said the capacity is too low, I've questioned why there could not be a double decker end. It's a world class stadium that is in my opinion a bit underwhelming. Always have said we should make it as big as we can.
Ive never understood the capacity complaining.

I get that people want the biggest and best, but its just a number, if we wanted biggest and best we could have used the landfill site in Stone Cross, if that's where it was, I've forgotten now.

But we went for location, location, location, so sadly some corners have had to be cut, partly due to footprint and partly for cost-effectiveness. I suppose I should just accept that some people arent as easily pleased as me. This seems silly cos, again, we will be left with a World Class Stadium on the banks of the Mersey. I mean I thought that would be enough for most.

Ive never understood the capacity complaining.

I get that people want the biggest and best, but its just a number, if we wanted biggest and best we could have used the landfill site in Stone Cross, if that's where it was, I've forgotten now.

But we went for location, location, location, so sadly some corners have had to be cut, partly due to footprint and partly for cost-effectiveness. I suppose I should just accept that some people arent as easily pleased as me. This seems silly cos, again, we will be left with a World Class Stadium on the banks of the Mersey. I mean I thought that would be enough for most.

Stone Cross you mean "Stonebridge Cross" in Gillmoss/Croxteth. No that's long gone we focused on BMD.

The footprint you say, but it's the same footprint that was presented at St Lukes. For 60,000 seats.

Sorry you don't get the capacity debate, it's equally split a lot of fans. I just think the club has been too cautious. You can't be too critical it's a huge undertaking a huge spend. I always felt it was an opportunity for us to show everyone we ARE a big club building a ground second only to maybe United. It's immediately about 7th or 8th biggest stadium a little less ambitious. On a par with the Barcodes. I would like to think we can build more as we go like Citeh but I don't think we will.

Stone Cross you mean "Stonebridge Cross" in Gillmoss/Croxteth. No that's long gone we focused on BMD.

The footprint you say, but it's the same footprint that was presented at St Lukes. For 60,000 seats.

Sorry you don't get the capacity debate, it's equally split a lot of fans. I just think the club has been too cautious. You can't be too critical it's a huge undertaking a huge spend. I always felt it was an opportunity for us to show everyone we ARE a big club building a ground second only to maybe United. It's immediately about 7th or 8th biggest stadium a little less ambitious. On a par with the Barcodes. I would like to think we can build more as we go like Citeh but I don't think we will.
Juventus stadium is 40,000, tell me they arent a Big Club.

If we become successful the Stadium will become iconic, if we don't, 52k will be too big.

If we become successful the Stadium will become iconic, if we don't, 52k will be too big.

Just my opinion, pre covid, if Goodison was 52k now we'd fill it.
We sell out and there is a demand, in an old and tight ground with loads of obstructed views, and in a period of no success and patchy football to say the least with a turnover of managers.

So in my book no question of filling BMD.

Throw in the new stadium factor (yes all the new grounds had huge rise in attendances), the waterfront location, and possible success, tourists etc, man we'll need more without a doubt. In fact 52 is really limiting.