New Everton Stadium Discussion

Even the most pessimistic epidemiological models don't support that outcome and, as I have said before, politics and economics will eventually overrule public health scientists. If we open the stadium in August 2024, which in itself is far from certain, it will, most likely, be to a full house.
I hope so

Even the most pessimistic epidemiological models don't support that outcome and, as I have said before, politics and economics will eventually overrule public health scientists. If we open the stadium in August 2024, which in itself is far from certain, it will, most likely, be to a full house.
I hope so

Reading that article it doesnt once mention lockdowns.
What it does quote though is
"Unless we vaccinate the world, we leave the playing field open to more and more mutations, which could churn out variants that could evade our current vaccines and require booster shots to deal with them"
Which has been the thought for a good while now.
Not eternal lockdown just an acceptance that we're going to have to learn to live with it and constantly evolve vaccines, a bit like the flu.
I think the key phrase is - learn to live with it.
They're supposed to be working on a one shot flu - covid vaccine.
We will end up with...like previously - 'good' less worse, flu seasons and bad flu seasons
And live with it

graham_chapman_stop_that_silly.jpg

Has anybody got any idea of what way the 4000 corporate seats work
Are their private boxes for 10-15 people or is it just a premium level with everybody in together .or is there a mixture
I know in Croke park you can pay 10k for a box that holds 12 for just one game
Anybody got any idea on pricing ?
4000 X 500 (pounds per person ) on average is 2m pounds
Multiply that by 20 games and thats 40m
Take 25% off for expenses food .drink ,security ,staff and guest hosts (former players ) still leaves 30m
That pays for the stadium alone
500 for a great day out with food drink and comfort is within the means of a lot of people once or twice a season
Nobody knows the pricing.

However the survey that was sent out to ST holders (maybe members too) had suggested levels of attendance. They went from your standard seat, then Bronze/Silver/Gold/Platinum offerings (basically bronze was your usual seat plus access to a 'restricted bar' as I remember, then the silver and up had food packages included and better seats. Gold and Plat also had car parking included)

You also had Tunnel Club, smaller 4 person open boxes (imagine 4 of the posh seats at the cinema in a little pen but in the stand) and then your usual higher end private boxes.

The survey was to gauge pricing. My ST now works out at 27 a game, I expect just a seat will be around 40/45 once we move.

Croke park has loads and they were sold out on a 10 year deal
Big companies take them for corporate entertaining
Our company has one
When the Aviva was being redeveloped and the six nations was being played at Croke Park it was funny how the English top brass annual visit always coincided with Ireland vs England in the rugby
Those tickets would have been sold before companies started getting more strict on accepting corporate gifts etc.

In the past 5 years the corporate box thing has become less popular. Loads of companies (including my own) have not renewed boxes for client entertainment at major sporting venues. They have been finding it increasingly difficult to find enough client to fill the seats on a regular basis. There has been a shift towards having access to some premium seat tickets.

I think Arsenal ripped out some corporate boxes in favour of larger bars for premium ticket holders.

It’s a good job that everyone accepts that lockdowns will soon be a thing of the past, never to be seen again, otherwise their potential effect on stadium attendance could be a salient consideration.
If, and that’s a big IF, what this article is saying is true, it simply means that the vaccine program will have to develop in line with any mutations, and inoculations will become say an annual thing (in a similar way the flu vaccine is for many already).

Literally nothing in that article indicates the potential of future lockdowns in 4/5 years time or a requirement for reduced capacity in stadia.

Short term i can see boxes being popular again to keep the diseased riff raff away from the wealthy. Medium to long term they will probably carry on the trend of slowly dying out as they were before covid.

I'm not saying it'll be 'and' 'or' - black - white
I saying the Stadium will get built, because fan attendance / (lack of) gate money is not a deal breaker.
I just wouldn't be surprised if even 4 years on, the opening day wasn't limited to say 30,000.
I think opening day season 21/22 will have a substantial number of fans in the ground never mind three or four years down the line.