New Everton Stadium Discussion

This is the RAWK response in a nutshell. I made a salient point about the impact that, y'know, bans from attending stadia may have on developments that will depend on stadium attendance, and then there's a mobbed response implying that I've claimed that there will never be any stadia built ever again.
Are you still doing this ffs ????? 5 hours now man... give it a rest please it’s boring

I’m now concerned by the risks here.
My mate makes aeroplanes, he’s making some today,
but we’re not allowed to go on holiday at the moment so I’ve told him to stop in case nobody will buy the planes in the future due to the current restrictions.
Is there anything else we should not do just in case?
Buy flip-flops. Ever.

All construction everywhere in the UK has now been halted as per the ruling from @Dymak. Nobody wants to invest in land or property anymore because of the COVID risks between now and 2025.

FFS - what an utter trumpet!
I best tell that building site next to me who is building a new school.. and those 4 building sites of flats near me that they are wasting their money too..

Oh and has anyone told this trumpet that from next month upto 10k of fans might be allowed in? Total fool trying to apply today's rules in a global pandemic to 4 years time...

So from what I can gather so far, the stadium has been called in because covid is stopping people going into the overhanging tiers.
More importantly the project won't receive approval until @davek thinks up some more compelling wum arguments while @Dymak Fills in for him.

Did I miss anything?

God bless.
Rising water levels, a 15 lane running track around the pitch and no mono rail mate, please try and keep up. This thread will get derailed unless we are careful.

I believe there also could be a problem with Pigeons in the roof of the overhanging tiers too.

Apparently they`re not too happy about sharing their reserved area with the zombie hordes.

Did you not read the planning document my son? This was a contingency against Aldo going on one of his adventures in our glorious new home, the nugget.

God bless.

And I have explained to you how lenders/investors would rate the "no fans ever" as a risk factor. It wouldnt be one, cos there would be no point in having any ground built. Ergo, no risk.

You have demonstrated you have little idea about how, and why, commercial property is funded/managed/built, but refuse to acknowledge the actual truth of the reality from someone who has more than a passing interest in the mechanics of it.

If you are interested, I could explain said mechanics behind the Dell Computer distribution hub build in Eastern Europe a few decades ago. Quite a page turner.

I think you are being silly, tbh.

I'm not claiming to be the commercial property expert that you are. I don't think I need to be a commercial property expert of your standing to assert that a continuation of the current ban on stadia attendance would be of concern to investors in stadia development should the ban remain in place.

In fact, you go on to state that a continuation of the current ban would mean that investors wouldn't even entertain investing in stadia at all should the current ban remain in place, and I agree with you. That really is what has underpinned my argument; that stadium bans are bad news to investors in stadia!

It doesn't even have to go to the extreme of never allowing any fans in attendance ever again. Just social distancing measures have the potential to turn a stadia allowing attendances of 50,000 into attendances allowing 25,000 etc.

Admittedly, I don't know what the future holds. But it's silly for us to agree that a continual ban on stadia attendance would put an end to stadia investment, and then claim that I am being ridiculous for suggesting that there is risk in stadia investment.

Logged on. Was excited to see many new pages in the stadium thread. Hoping for news on the schedule or financing. Instead, find page after page of @Dymak proclaiming that spectator sport is dead. Forever. Never change GOT, never change!
True, vintage GoT would have had some joey links purporting to be the stadium build being started , that actually takes you to two Rhinos sh4gging.

I think you are being silly, tbh.

I'm not claiming to be the commercial property expert that you are. I don't think I need to be a commercial property expert of your standing to assert that a continuation of the current ban on stadia attendance would be of concern to investors in stadia development should the ban remain in place.

In fact, you go on to state that a continuation of the current ban would mean that investors wouldn't even entertain investing in stadia at all should the current ban remain in place, and I agree with you. That really is what has underpinned my argument; that stadium bans are bad news to investors in stadia!

It doesn't even have to go to the extreme of never allowing any fans in attendance ever again. Just social distancing measures have the potential to turn a stadia allowing attendances of 50,000 into attendances allowing 25,000 etc.

Admittedly, I don't know what the future holds. But it's silly for us to agree that a continual ban on stadia attendance would put an end to stadia investment, and then claim that I am being ridiculous for suggesting that there is risk in stadia investment.

975BCBC6-17AA-476F-BDC6-890002DE2B6C.jpeg