New Everton Stadium Discussion

Says the 23-24 season, but I think it'll be at least a year longer than that. Filling up the dock would surely be a longggggg process
Google the Siemens site in Hull and get an aerial pic of the site. Prior to the site being there it was Alexander Dock which I was told is/was bigger than BMD.
The Dutch don't only excel in football and cheese. Their land reclamation experts took nine months to drain and pump sand into the Dock. Granted nine months isn't a short time but nowhere near the couple of years I've seen hacked around.

Secondly, the economics of getting say another 8000 seats in just didnt add up, height restrictions or not.

I don't buy that. I know I know this is what Dan Meis told us. I am sorry (who am I to disagree with Dan) but I disagree. The fact is we will have more revenue with a bigger capacity. The two reasons clubs expand is for more revenue and to accommodate more fans. At 52/53000 it's a moderate increase because in my opinion we'd have that demand now. Moving to a new ground attacts fans, take in the location and hopefully successful times again, is 52/53k going to be enough?

Just another thought, if we want £'x' revenue then you know what? Ticket prices will be more for 52/53k stadium than 60,000 plus. It's just simple maths.

Safe standing won't increase the capacity either btw.

I don't buy that. I know I know this is what Dan Meis told us. I am sorry (who am I to disagree with Dan) but I disagree. The fact is we will have more revenue with a bigger capacity. The two reasons clubs expand is for more revenue and to accommodate more fans. At 52/53000 it's a moderate increase because in my opinion we'd have that demand now. Moving to a new ground attacts fans, take in the location and hopefully successful times again, is 52/53k going to be enough?

Just another thought, if we want £'x' revenue then you know what? Ticket prices will be more for 52/53k stadium than 60,000 plus. It's just simple maths.

Safe standing won't increase the capacity either btw.

Like I said, it was a compromise. Economics plus height issues.

Just so I understand, the club take out a business loan over x amount of year's, we then enter an agreement for the naming rights of the stadium. This will cover the loan and capital amount of the loan over the same amount of year's as the business loan meaning we're essentially getting a free stadium?

There’s 30 headlines on this Sky sports main page and guess how many out of 30 mention Everton’s new stadium.

None, Nil, Zero lol We’ve obviously upset the status quo

Good.