New Everton Stadium Discussion

The Ten Streets market opened on Cotton Street last year, tiny little thing ran by small local businesses. Imagine what this will do for their livelihood on match day.

Independent cafes and coffee shops will see their income increase tenfold over 1 weekend.

The same will apply when the heritage market is finally developed into the Camden Market type of gaff, small independent retailers will be raking it in.

But spare a thought for Phil who may, or may not, have a bit of extra traffic to contend with every 2nd week for an hour or two

Eldonian Village / Athol Village.

That's the point.

Their homes wont be bulldozed, but they will be affected.

Anyway, the case is made and sustained on this issue: you cant have purity on it. If you want a stadium ANYWHERE in Liverpool it comes with disruption for people.

Of course they will be affected.

I wouldn't say it would ruin their lives but on match days they will be right in the thick of it for sure.

People passing if off as there will be no impact to them are burying their heads in the sand a bit, a common occurrence recently as we have seen with moshiri, brands etc.

It's not going to stop the project but worth noting they they exist, for me.

Of course they will be affected.

I wouldn't say it would ruin their lives but on match days they will be right in the thick of it for sure.

People passing if off as there will be no impact to them are burying their heads in the sand a bit, a common occurrence recently as we have seen with moshiri, brands etc.

It's not going to stop the project but worth noting they they exist, for me.

Your'e right as always.

Despite being a roadway used for a chunk of match day fans today, it will ruin them.

Heard they're against the investment in transport too.

Last edited:
Eldonian Village / Athol Village.

That's the point.

Their homes wont be bulldozed, but they will be affected.

Anyway, the case is made and sustained on this issue: you cant have purity on it. If you want a stadium ANYWHERE in Liverpool it comes with disruption for people.

Yes Dave and think of all the disruption that people living around Goodison won't get, or can't you EVER look on the bright side of anything ?