New Everton Stadium Discussion

Last time I went I was told the back row of the away end is over a quarter of a mile from the far goal. I'm a fan of the stadium but not a huge lover of the away end.

Haha didn't realise it was that far away! The stand starts really close to the pitch as well. Well for comparison purposes this would be closest to what people are asking for.

Personally I'm not a fan of steep stands I prefer the converted terrace style as fans are closer to the pitch and to each other, better for standing as well so I prefer that atmosphere wise, mad goal celebrations feel a bit safer in shallower stands too, but each to their own.

Last time I went I was told the back row of the away end is over a quarter of a mile from the far goal. I'm a fan of the stadium but not a huge lover of the away end.

It will be interesting to see how they have changed it. Don't the new regs say that at least some of the away seats need to be pitch level and all should be seated together?

In which case if they want to put some away supporters at the very top, it will need to be a thin slice of the stand going from front to back.

You were told porkies regarding the distance though, it is quite a way up there but no where near a quarter of a mile. For that you would need to be at least three and a bit pitch lengths back!

could we ensure all away fans are put as far away from the pitch as possible in a new stadium, up in the corner of the place.
thank you
Mentioned this previously in this thread, however it was agreed by the PL back in 2016 that some away fans must be located pitch side.

To answer @The binman chronicles's question, it cleverly does not require all fans to be pitch-side in a lower tier, so will be interesting to see.

Loads are asking for tall steep stands close to the pitch and Newcastle's is just that. So the away end there gives fans an idea of what to what expect.

I can see your point Nev from a home supporters point of view in regards to stadium design I was merely commenting after someone had mentioned putting the away supporters as far away from the pitch as possible, which Newcastle and Sunderland manage to do with ease.

Yes you know once you've been what to expect, I personally at that distance from the pitch didn't enjoy the experience coupled with the fact we lost both games which didn't help.

Whoever told you it was a quarter of a mile was talking out their hoop. That's 400m. Just think about that.

You're right, probably not 400m but it's a massive distance to the pitch, let alone the far end when you take the height into account. As I say, I like that stadium but the away end isn't great.

st-james-park-newcastle-united-milburn-stand-1411416013.jpg