New Everton Stadium Discussion

I know plenty of lads who go to Liverpool games home and away.

I get it. People like to think that the city is blue. It just doesn't stack up when you look at the facts.

As for all the 'wool' stuff posted by some bel end troll in this thread, yes, a massive number of people who go to Goodison every week don't live in Liverpool. Thousands upon thousands.

The thing is though mate, we have (or did have) more season ticket holders in the Merseyside area than them. That's been the case for decades, I remember the research showing that in the 90s. There bigger capacity may have changed that now, but once we have the new stadium I think normal service will resume.

Anyhow, back on topic, eh? This thread is about our new stadium, not that crowd. What ale do you want inside the ground? I hope we go for one of the local microbreweries, along side a big name lager for the non-believers.
I'm pretty sure we will sign another agreement with one of the large international breweries

Now it's my turn to go off topic. Unless I'm mistaken, there looks lots of empty seats in the Liverpool section at Hoffenheim. Didn't they sell all their tickets? Surprising seeing as how they've got 8 billion supporters. Just saying, like.

Now it's my turn to go off topic. Unless I'm mistaken, there looks lots of empty seats in the Liverpool section at Hoffenheim. Didn't they sell all their tickets? Surprising seeing as how they've got 8 billion supporters. Just saying, like.
In order to lodge objections during the planning process, apparently the hardcore fans were all at BMD flying kites, dicking boats, walking dogs, and letting their children play.

Proper dedication that.

In order to lodge objections during the planning process, apparently the hardcore fans were all at BMD flying kites, dicking boats, walking dogs, and letting their children play.

Proper dedication that.
I think they searched for the wrong Hoff. Fairly certain they would have lost to him.
IMG_20170816_024806.jpg

I think people underestimate the pull of a swanky new stadium with modern facilities and an all round better match going experience. I think it'll appeal to a lot more families and people like me who get to about 6-8 games a season will be more inclined to take the plunge and get a season ticket. I reckon a fair few tourists would bulk up the attendance too.
You're right mate. Back in the day (late 90s) I did my dissertation on Everton's proposed ground move (the first one under Johnson). I looked at other clubs who had recently relocated Derby, Boro and Bolton none were at the stature of Everton FC. Nevertheless all aspects of the business, increase in capacity, increase in matchday income and commercial deals were significantly enhanced (obviously I looked at this in great detail). Their locations weren't as iconic or desirable as our own stadium plans. In my mind, it is only with the completion of the stadium and increased revenue streams generated we can truly expect to challenge the elite.

The thing is though mate, we have (or did have) more season ticket holders in the Merseyside area than them. That's been the case for decades, I remember the research showing that in the 90s. There bigger capacity may have changed that now, but once we have the new stadium I think normal service will resume.

We have more season ticket holders full stop, i'd be absolutely amazed if they had more local STH's than us.

I'd tend to agree that a higher % of our season ticket holders are local to Merseyside, not to saybwe don't have alot of support from out of town. The RS decided to cash in on Thomas cook football tourists though instead of banking on season tickets, something arguably for better we haven't done.

..I saw something a few years ago which said the Reds have more season ticket holders who travel over a 100 miles to a home game than any other English club.

How will Brexit affect those flights from Oslo then I wonder?

Queue's of angry frustrated Norwegians at John Lennon airport trying to get through customs would be interesting

..I saw something a few years ago which said the Reds have more season ticket holders who travel over a 100 miles to a home game than any other English club.

It's a policy decision by their club. They treat local fans badly for a reason. They want a transient fanbase because each time a fan goes for the first time that season they spend £70 in the club shop. If each week they get 25,000 first-time-that-season fans they're making a lot of money. That's why they keep their season ticket numbers relatively low so that they can have fresh faces each week.

I reckon a lot of those season tickets from 100 miles or more away are probably shared by fan clubs or families so even then they are getting a dozen or so new people per season on each one. Money, money, money.