New Everton Stadium Discussion

Sorry lads not having it, I'm really amazed here, how low our mentality and self esteem has fallen.

I know everyone would consider what makes a big club differently. But Arsenal, Spurs, Liverpool and Utd are our peers for me, I know they have had better recent success. I would except Utd are financially a bigger club but the others, no way.

I also consider Chelsea and City smaller clubs, though they are getting there, if not somewhat unromanticaly and because of that they will never hold the prestige of the afore mentioned clubs.

it's hard neiler, i'm 28 and i've never seen us win a thing, with one solitary appearance in the CL qualifying round. It has been a very very long time since we were considered large. Only older generations i feel would view us as that from outside of europe, whereas most of europe will not really know too much about us.

On the other hand, everyone know's chelsea as title winners, european winners, CL regulars for the last decade or more, arsenal pretty much the same way for even longer. Football is massive these days, globally, it was nowhere near as publicised when we were one of the best in europe decades ago.

it's hard neiler, i'm 28 and i've never seen us win a thing, with one solitary appearance in the CL qualifying round. It has been a very very long time since we were considered large. Only older generations i feel would view us as that from outside of europe, whereas most of europe will not really know too much about us.

On the other hand, everyone know's chelsea as title winners, european winners, CL regulars for the last decade or more, arsenal pretty much the same way for even longer. Football is massive these days, globally, it was nowhere near as publicised when we were one of the best in europe decades ago.
I'm 38, so I got the tail end of our glory days. But there's no question that the footballing world has turned and left us behind. Not as far behind as the likes of Leeds, Nottingham Forest, Aston Villa and Sheffield Wednesday, and we're catching up again. But we've gone from being a powerhouse to just about hanging on to the coattails of relevance. We're the only member of the old "Big 5" that fell behind, and we did it at the worst time, when serious money was coming into the game for the top dogs.

As a club we don't publicise ourselves enough though. We should be shouting about the holy trinity, Dixie Dean, all our firsts, the school of science etc. Instead the club recently has been only too keen to instead pick up the 'best of the rest' people's club mantra. In the recent coverage of the anniversary of Alan Ball's death it was barely mentioned that Everton were his major club in his career. We've had three of the greatest British players of all time in Southall Ball and Dean yet they're barely mentioned by the club now or the media. You can't read anything without Shankly or Paisley being mentioned though or one of Dalglish or Gerrard.

I want a statue of the curly haired genius on the walk up to the new stadium with the once Everton has touched you quote enscribed onto it.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/spor...l-consider-further-anfield-expansion-12988877

Liverpool are looking to expand Anfield to 60,000.

We have to at least match this. What is the point in going smaller than your rivals, especially your local rivals?

There's no way we'll go below 60,000.

Imagine us building a brand-new stadium that's even smaller than the one the RS already have; we'd be a laughing stock! More importantly, with a sub-60,000 stadium, we'd sell fewer tickets and make less money than all of the big clubs.

No chance. Mr Moshiri is more ambitious than that.