New Everton Stadium Discussion

As previously mentioned, the NRG Stadium used by yesterday's Superbowl was mighty impressive.
A capacity of over 70'000 and a mega retractable roof (check out the photo of the MSL game being played with an open roof). Nice modern yet simplistic look to it. View attachment 34205 View attachment 34206 View attachment 34207 View attachment 34208 View attachment 34209 View attachment 34210

Watched Everton there years ago in a pre season tournament. Journeys home after away games can be tough but a 12 hour flight after getting webbed by Club America was a nightmare.

Amazing stadium.

Watched Everton there years ago in a pre season tournament. Journeys home after away games can be tough but a 12 hour flight after getting webbed by Club America was a nightmare.

Amazing stadium.

I was there aswell, superb stadium, we won the other game there 5-2 if i remember correctly. They had the roof closed for the games and the air conditioning made it nice and cool compared to the 80 degree heat outside.

I was there aswell, superb stadium, we won the other game there 5-2 if i remember correctly. They had the roof closed for the games and the air conditioning made it nice and cool compared to the 80 degree heat outside.

Yeah we beat Pachuca. Bent had just signed and I was convinced we were going down that season!

Great place though, apart from the heat. And that stadium was incredible at the time, first American stadium I'd been too and I couldn't believe that size.

That Puskas one is very interesting. I'm not instantly enamoured by it, but it is instantly recognisable. That's important, I think, everyone is rightly obsessed about the exterior, but there's not much talk about how the interior should look. Sure there's chat about tiers and proximity to the pitch, but not about the actual aesthetics.

After all the woodison jibes, wouldn't it be ace to have a stunning timber interior?

Will be designed as a football stadium.

It is possible to build a raised deck above the pitch level, to hold a running track a which will be above some of the rows of seats like they did with Hampden for the Glasgow games. This only works if the ends are curved though.

The deck could then be removed after the games

If it's a huge oval with loads of space behind the goals and sidelines then yes.
If the stands are tight to the pitch, straight and not oval then no.

That Puskas one is very interesting. I'm not instantly enamoured by it, but it is instantly recognisable. That's important, I think, everyone is rightly obsessed about the exterior, but there's not much talk about how the interior should look. Sure there's chat about tiers and proximity to the pitch, but not about the actual aesthetics.

After all the woodison jibes, wouldn't it be ace to have a stunning timber interior?

c.f. Forest Green Rovers proposed new stadium
http://edition.cnn.com/2016/11/18/football/forest-green-rovers-worlds-first-wooden-stadium/

Also see Tokyo's 2020 Olympic stadium
https://www.wired.com/2015/12/japan-picks-a-new-design-for-tokyos-2020-olympic-stadium/

As previously mentioned, the NRG Stadium used by yesterday's Superbowl was mighty impressive.
A capacity of over 70'000 and a mega retractable roof (check out the photo of the MSL game being played with an open roof). Nice modern yet simplistic look to it. View attachment 34205 View attachment 34206 View attachment 34207 View attachment 34208 View attachment 34209 View attachment 34210

Just raise the height of the pitch and move all sides in, so we are nice and close and perfect