New Everton Stadium Discussion

Not quite the same thing as building a stadium, how many piles would that need?

Reclaiming land isn't that big a deal. Nothing like the challenge of doing offshore in deep water.

I'd like them to explore the idea of draining the dock, build the stadium spanning it & use the space for a big underground car park.

Seat 96 in every stand every row numbered like this please, as an important gesture to some nobs in every fanbase including ours unfortunately that some things matter more than football
One seat each row, each stand
download

That was before world heritage status though, UNESCO would be all over that.
Yes, I don't doubt that they would and I honestly would hate anything that might jeopardise the world heritage status because I really believe it makes a difference to the city. But Peels Liverpool Waters plans seem to have no such concerns in risking this by the threat of building an array of towers no matter what their architectural value might be. A low rise (in comparison) land mark stadium seems to me a much more valuable and viable proposition which they could then trade the rest of the area on and build around it. This though I feel, would have to be from a truly visionary and ground breaking architectural practice to be taken seriously and attract other high quality investors / builders. Some of the garbage built and being built in Liverpool now really breaks my heart. But I suppose Mr A has a different agenda to worry about, but then Mr. M could change all that and start a new, higher focus architectural vision for the city and the dock area in particular. I hope so!