New Everton Stadium Discussion

To be fair though London has way more stadiums then those two, so it’s prob a fair distribution to scale. I wouldn’t walk from Croke Park from Landsdowne, I mean you can, but it would be in and around an hour so you wouldn’t bother.

That and Landsdowne houses Rugby and Football, so be like Twikenham hosting England Rugby and Football. Galiec games as above need a far bigger pitch then rugby or football, Gailec football or Hurling wouldn’t fit into Landsdowne. Like trying to put a cricket pitch in Wembley.

When I said waste I meant from the standpoint of having those two stadiums for this one football tournament. They would just be burning through another of the 10 for little gain being so close together.

It's not like they would have two matches there on the same day and for the number of games given to any one city (bar London) means you're not going to ruin the pitch by over use.

The fact there is two stadiums in Dublin for different codes is definitely not a waste. ?

When I said waste I meant from the standpoint of having those two stadiums for this one football tournament. They would just be burning through another of the 10 for little gain being so close together.

It's not like they would have two matches there on the same day and for the number of games given to any one city (bar London) means you're not going to ruin the pitch by over use.

The fact there is two stadiums in Dublin for different codes is definitely not a waste. ?
Croke Park is Northside. Aviva is Southside.

Like two different countries really. :)

2 stadia for Ireland - 1 north, one republic
8 for mainland uk
1 North - Glasgow
3 Middle - Newcastle, Liverpool Manchester
4 South - Cardiff, Birmingham, London (x2)

Easy

You would take out a stadium that holds 82300 with 72300 seated. Hmmmmm

It's not about capacity.

Facilities (old trafford and st james are outdated), local transport (green) , and theirs other requirements such as a nearby fan zone.

You probably think San Siro is a decent modern stadium.

If as you say 1 is chopped from Spurs and wh, 1 from sjp and sol, 1 from villa and Birmingham, then only one of the 3 (2 x Manchester, 1 x bmd) needs to be cut to make 4.

Guaranteed it will be one of the mancs. BMD and Liverpool as a city is a certainty, as is one from Manchester.

Must have made up the Villa one then.

Croke Park is Northside. Aviva is Southside.

Like two different countries really. :)

You're still only getting one so you have to just decide which one you'd rather have. :) For me it has to be the Aviva, the fact the pitch is the right size and therefore more TV friendly wins.

Let's face it the Final and Semi Finals will be at Wembley, so having another behemoth isn't really necessary.

Ah i get you mate, i think you're right if it was successful id say Dublin would get a couple of games and Belfast maybe a couple.

Surely if the Euro bid is successful and Everton get one of the stadium slots there'll be cash available to improve transportation?

It happens in all these major events. Maybe the Vauxhall station becomes a runner at that point.

That's one of my thoughts.

Old Trafford is in an industrial estate, etihad campus has a tram and it's surrounded by sports stuff.

If we can get more transport in-bedded (think we are anyway surely for the 10 streets) and get another station, or even trams, it'll be amazing.