New Everton Stadium Discussion

The ground looks amazing
But can’t help feeling especially with people on the season ticket waiting list that this ground should have been over 60000 capacity. What an opportunity missed
You're basing it on the assumption that all ST holders would renew and a decent percentage of those on the waiting list will take up the offer.

The increased prices that are pretty likely to come with the move may have an impact on take up. I've paid £480-520(ish) for nigh on the last ten years.

At that price, it's very competitive and affordable for many, but if a percentage of those season tickets rise in price by a margin of 20-50% it may not be.

I can't see many season tickets at BMD being less than £700, let alone less than £600.

You're basing it on the assumption that all ST holders would renew and a decent percentage of those on the waiting list will take up the offer.

The increased prices that are pretty likely to come with the move may have an impact on take up. I've paid £480-520(ish) for nigh on the last ten years.

At that price, it's very competitive and affordable for many, but if a percentage of those season tickets rise in price by a margin of 20-50% it may not be.

I can't see many season tickets at BMD being less than £700, let alone less than £600.
Thing is though football is very popular and is becoming even more so
I think we would fill it.
I think you do have a point about cost as you don’t get owt for nowt and the stadium/club will need pay back

I remember watching some of the Spurs stadium build videos and there was a virtual reality seating system. So you could pick a seat in the pre-built stadium and have a virtual image of what your view would be in all directions.
Man City did that too.

It's not easy to transpose current seats onto the new ground however - in the Street End we have 2 tiers being put into one big one (South Stand). Will Lower Gwladys be allocated the lower half, for example?

We are in UGS and I would hate to be put in the lower section with potential standing. At my age I wouldn't find that comfortable! That's my main concern, really. There are 5 family members with 30+ years STs, so am hopeful it will go ok!

I'll happily pay £750 instead of £550 for a season ticket so that I can sit in a state of the art stadium where I can spend even more money on booze and food for several hours before the game and several hours afterwards. Moshiri isn't stupid.

Last edited:

I'll happily pay £750 instead of £550 for a season ticket so that I can sit in a state of the art stadium where I can spend even more money on booze and food for several hours before the game and several hours afterwards. Moshiri isn't stupid.
Oh, so would I. Yet I suspect that we both have reasonable disposable incomes whereas there’s those in our fan base for who it’ll be a stretch.

That’s pretty much the Joe Mercer lounge now - think that’s more than £750 iirc (but been a while since I saw pricing tbh)

I have given it some thought for a while.

My season ticket right now is just over 30 quid. I think a walk up ticket is around 50 for top balcony.

I'd pay walk up price of a normal seat x19 for the first level of hospitality (whatever that number may be)

Unfortunately the new stadium tax will probably put the standard ST per game close to those prices.

Unfortunately the new stadium tax will probably put the standard ST per game close to those prices.
Yeah you're right. I fully expect an indecent sized hike anyway. If we had a team capable of challenging the club (owners) would be trying to squeeze every pound out of the support. We won't get there before the move. Let's see how it plays out.

Let's face it, worrying about a future stadium in the current climate is a bit daft. The country is going down the pan.

Attachments

• 2E3F9871-EDDD-4336-AD5F-55A23E1FFDD6.jpeg
    2E3F9871-EDDD-4336-AD5F-55A23E1FFDD6.jpeg
    29.1 KB · Views: 277
  • 98182A8F-D2B1-45D7-AAFD-E9C11775E7BE.jpeg
    98182A8F-D2B1-45D7-AAFD-E9C11775E7BE.jpeg
    102.9 KB · Views: 296