New Everton Stadium Discussion

I think I'm right though that on the original design, the South Stand was much larger and the roof sloped down to the North stand and the logo still looks similar in that respect. The roof is now level I believe.

It never tailed off quite like the logo, it was more or less a straight line losing 2m across the whole length which kind of made it negligible.

I agree with you it was part of the 'wave' feature though and the logo is an interpretation of that just enhancing those features.

They're not trying to get it ready for August 2024 though - that's not the timetable.

The club said they were only hopeful that it will be ready by August but yeah it will be very difficult to hit that time line with test a events program too.

Not sure why they said it to be honest

eh... It's just a logo, it's not supposed to be an exact copy of the stadium. It incorporates the curves of the roof line, the negative space also highlites the lines of the stadium. The water motif goes under part of the stadium to give the idea that it'll look almost like it's floating, which it kinda will.

It's a shame they didn't make more use of the space underneath the stand / above the viewing concourse. And I read before that there are 3 levels in the main stand is that all? I'm sure I read somewhere Tottingham's has 8 levels.

Wow- looks great but didn’t give much attention during the season! Great watching the very latest updates.
Which sides for the tunnel and the tv / commentary gantry? Thanks. I am a current Main stander so feels like the East stand will be the same orientation as Goodison.

Wow- looks great but didn’t give much attention during the season! Great watching the very latest updates.
Which sides for the tunnel and the tv / commentary gantry? Thanks. I am a current Main stander so feels like the East stand will be the same orientation as Goodison.

The West stand is the Goodison main stand equivalent but will also have the commentary gantry. (1st couple of rows of the upper tier)

The club said they were only hopeful that it will be ready by August but yeah it will be very difficult to hit that time line with test a events program too.

Not sure why they said it to be honest
It’s the plan and I’m sure they’ve included test events in too.
I’m just surprised how many people wishing the worst.
The worst tbh a mid season move to a new stadium.