New Everton Stadium Discussion

Aside from the "safe standing" areas being talked about - does anyone know where/how possible capacity expansion could be carried out within the structure? The club really is selling itself short with 53,000. Been said before but I'll say it again - given the current attendances home and away, the location and design of the new ground...... Everton could no doubt fill 60,000 - or more.

Aside from the "safe standing" areas being talked about - does anyone know where/how possible capacity expansion could be carried out within the structure? The club really is selling itself short with 53,000. Been said before but I'll say it again - given the current attendances home and away, the location and design of the new ground...... Everton could no doubt fill 60,000 - or more.
Agree but even 55,000 would feel like a compromise with what the fans want and the "tight" design Meis was looking for

Either way, the club should at least find a way to get the official capacity above 53,000 as it has already been labelled a 52,000 seater despite the 888 and it puts us on par with the Geordies. They showed ambition in the 90s so a bit disappointing we've settled so low.

But despite all that, it's going to be an amazing stadium.

Agree but even 55,000 would feel like a compromise with what the fans want and the "tight" design Meis was looking for

Either way, the club should at least find a way to get the official capacity above 53,000 as it has already been labelled a 52,000 seater despite the 888 and it puts us on par with the Geordies. They showed ambition in the 90s so a bit disappointing we've settled so low.

But despite all that, it's going to be an amazing stadium.
Factor in safe standing and I reckon the magic number of 61878 will be nailed.

Factor in safe standing and I reckon the magic number of 61878 will be nailed.
I don't think that would be possible given the size of the proposed safe-standing areas. Even with maximum increased ratios.

They could potentially expand those areas if the supporting concourse areas allow. However, that would also eat into seated capacity, so it is a limited approach.

Colin Chong said that he thought that any future capacity increases will only occur on the side stands. Not sure if that was because he was privy to latest reports on the recent safe-standing experiment, or just his intuition.

:hayee:

What a bizarre article, basically just comparing the club’s own images to the planning app from years ago, seems like they’ve gone to a lot of weird effort to bash Everton when there’s no shortage of other opportunities.

The article states a planned completion date of July 2024 but most sources have said Oct-Dec is the likely handover date, so the three months “delay” actually fits with the anticipated schedule.

:hayee:

"The Guardian has consulted a series of construction experts who have worked on similar-sized stadium projects. Each said that the evidence suggested the project was running at least three months late."

Which "experts" did they consult? That helmet "Jeff from West Derby?"

The roof previously had a nominal slope upwards from north to south which has now been removed if that's what you mean?

This was the original design when the south stand blue wall capacity was larger

Yep. Makes the logo a bit silly like imo as they still use a slight curve/wave logo which isn't actually there anymore

The roof design was incorporated for the version we are building however it was value engineered out of existence as it had no function other than being cosmetic.
Disappointing. That was the essence of the design, for me. And for whoever designed the logo as you say, mac. There's no unique element without it.

BUT it is still a nice new stadium so let's go party time okay.

What a bizarre article, basically just comparing the club’s own images to the planning app from years ago, seems like they’ve gone to a lot of weird effort to bash Everton when there’s no shortage of other opportunities.

The article states a planned completion date of July 2024 but most sources have said Oct-Dec is the likely handover date, so the three months “delay” actually fits with the anticipated schedule.

There have been a few weird articles on the stadium recently.

Don't get me wrong, we are astonishingly badly run, it therefore stands entirely to reason that BMD will be massively overdue and massively over budget.

But since when has a 10 week delay on a 3 year long, major construction project been a newsworthy article?