New Everton Stadium Discussion

Man city don't even own their stadium as far as I know - unless they bought it back off the council recently.
With the City and West Ham stadiums is it not a bit different the way they happened? ie both built for World events and deals struck between owners and clubs on the lease of them afterwards?

My feeling is it's different here, if we scrapped Goodison and then down the line Moshiri, probably Usmanov sold the new BMD ground to outside investors, or kept the ground themselves whilst relinquishing EFC separately it'd be theft on a grand scale and a bitter blow for Everton.

It just seems so out of our hands, unlike the West Ham/City deals. End result the same yes but with a very bitter taste.

I was behind the goal for that. I watched the ball rolled towards me and when crazy! We were robbed.
still annoys me this one as much as the 100s of others. Though we have had a couple of offside decisions in our favour over the last few years at goodison with the Suarez "winner" and the henderson one a couple of years back. Amazingly has 2 penalties at Anfield too!!!

Firstly, HS2 is a bad example. They have pretty much stopped it at Birmingham. Second, there is no way somebody will spend 200m just because they've already spent 300m. The stadium can be halted and will be halted if moshiri decides he's had enough or we go down. Both seem inevitable, it's just a case of which comes first.
We can still play at Goodison and the Stadium can sit there like Valenia's if Moshiri does a runner, as what's been built up to now is...more or less...paid for.
Any debt related to that cost though... where will that reside?
Not with Moshiri - he's in the wind with a pocket full of dosh.

still annoys me this one as much as the 100s of others. Though we have had a couple of offside decisions in our favour over the last few years at goodison with the Suarez "winner" and the henderson one a couple of years back. Amazingly has 2 penalties at Anfield too!!!
Penalties at anfield ? You must have a good memory.

We can still play at Goodison and the Stadium can sit there like Valenia's if Moshiri does a runner, as what's been built up to now is...more or less...paid for.
Any debt related to that cost though... where will that reside?
Not with Moshiri - he's in the wind with a pocket full of dosh.
It won't end there. Would not be allowed to remain a la Valencia. Everton would be sued for clean up costs by any of the partners, either LCC or Peel.

City of Manchester Council still owns the stadium. City have a 250 year lease, and increased their rent so that they can sell naming rights etc

The only own the campus across the road, not the stadium

My mistake, though I read it somewhere hence the loft extension and surrounding area called etihad campus.

Had a call from Everton yesterday. They were asking as a season ticket holder if I would be interested in upgrade packages for the new stadium. I asked how much and they said for the equivalent of the current Joe Mercer suite experience it would be 6K plus VAT! Wow, not that I am interested in forking out for experiences but wow. I believe currently it is approx 2.5K for this at Goodison. Hence thinking if these are going up that much what the hell will the cost be for us normal season ticket holders!

They said they will start to contact people in phases, currently in stage 3................!

I’m going to pretend I’m out when they call me.

It is very likely (not a stone cold sober fact) that he (or his backer) has got the readies to complete the stadium. The issue has always been what the ultimate debt will be to the club or any potential new owner, going forward. The original plan was for a 60k+ stadium substantially funded by a commonwealth games. When the bid failed, that had to be revised to a 52k+ stadium, which was supposed to be funded by the owner plus by a loan secured by the club. With Uncle Ussy providing a lucrative sponsorship deal to cover all those on-going costs. That loan package has still not been secured and the Russian has been sanctioned. The financial plan was sketchy at £500m.... but we all turned a blind eye because bank of daddy ruled, and all expenses were covered. At £760m, with no bottomless pit sponsor and potential relegation, that financial plan looks at least as precarious as Valencia's. Hence the inability to secure an attractive loan deal and the on-going search for new investors.... and possibly the reason for our inability to secure any urgently needed new players, despite selling £100m+ worth in the past 6 months. We've had their scatter gun economics on the pitch that has left us completely hamstrung. Have they been equally and as dangerously frivolous with the stadium financial plan?
We shall see.
I've been saying for 3 yrs now, that any profit will end up in Moshiri's pocket and most - if not All of the debt, will be with The Club.
Even the dumbest 'Billionaire Accountant' will have his column 'A' totally separate from his columns B, C etc.

You keep saying this, but it simply isnt true. The ORIGINAL plan was never to involve the commonwealth games. It was however something that came into the early conversations as a way to further benefit the city and enable other financing routes to assist with the stadium costs.
The site was first mentioned by LCC on the prospect of a commonwealth games bid for what would've been the next games, with Everton becoming the long term beneficiary of the funding. This was pulled forward because Durban pulled out, which probably shifted the timeline outside of a realistic bid. Hence Brum winning, hence the loss of the 60k+ option.

After todays discussion on here it really is disconcerting to hear of the many ways this may unravel.....nothing I've read is far fetched either.

It could end up wonderful for us or be the end. I'm uncomfortable with it all now in all honesty, Everton's interests I'm fearing are secondary.

The site was first mentioned by LCC on the prospect of a commonwealth games bid for what would've been the next games, with Everton becoming the long term beneficiary of the funding. This was pulled forward because Durban pulled out, which probably shifted the timeline outside of a realistic bid. Hence Brum winning, hence the loss of the 60k+ option.

We bid for the work to design the stadium. It was an Everton stadium design. At no point was there mention of a CWG capability. After initial designs had been submitted, and some time had passed, LCC got involved and started talking about the CWG and how they were looking to fund a temporary stadium on the docks, but maybe they could work together. LCC then brought people in to work with Everton on how it would work. LCC/Govt. funding would sweeten the deal for Everton.

Everton were building the stadium and had in fact started conversations before Moshiri arrived, even with BMD in mind.

Please don't think that Everton are only getting a stadium because of a CWG that Liverpool were bidding for. The opportunism in the relationship was all, perhaps unsurprisingly, on the part of Joe Anderson and LCC.