New Everton Stadium Discussion

When they re modelled one of Bristols hospitals, they included 500 bike parking spaces. Free, obvs, whilst drivers pay through the nose to visit folk.

No one in their right mind would cycle to the place, based where it is in town.
Prob more to do with BREEAM / sustainability ratings and any benefits that come with it than any true / serious expectation of cyclists visiting.

When they re modelled one of Bristols hospitals, they included 500 bike parking spaces. Free, obvs, whilst drivers pay through the nose to visit folk.

No one in their right mind would cycle to the place, based where it is in town.
Unless it's for staff or those to visit, cycling to a hospital for a sizeable percentage of those who requires services would be difficult to impossible.

While it may accommodate staff and hopefully future-proof the hospital for a desired cultural change, it is more likely a tick box exercise.

There's no way I'll be cycling to the ground like so many others, so the investment primarily needs to be in the trains and buses.

Prob more to do with BREEAM / sustainability ratings and any benefits that come with it than any true / serious expectation of cyclists visiting.

Unless it's for staff or those to visit, cycling to a hospital for a sizeable percentage of those who requires services would be difficult to impossible.

While it may accommodate staff and hopefully future-proof the hospital for a desired cultural change, it is more likely a tick box exercise.

There's no way I'll be cycling to the ground like so many others, so the investment primarily needs to be in the trains and buses.
I suspect the hospital @roydo is talking about is St Michaels in Bristol which is half way up a flippin’ steep hill, hard enough to walk up never mind cycle.

Incoming ?
69B341D0-3062-45E8-B53D-C6B6012E453B.jpeg
E7EB35DE-BDC0-40E0-8841-D95C018B9CE6.jpeg
36F07137-8244-4C0C-8CB0-1807113A055C.jpeg
E649A193-7F31-428E-AEF9-84C3AA1C2F2D.jpeg
035C9332-B6FA-4C0F-8C7D-ADC0A33BCC3A.jpeg