New Everton Stadium Discussion

In fact, this view makes it look even weirder.

Is it a three-sided stadium?

OTR_PedestrianPlaza.jpg
Meis has spoke a fair bit about this design of stadium. More of a community space than just pure sports stadium. The fan plaza there is at the same level as the top of tier 1, meaning you can just walk straight down into it.

Has there been any work done so far on the hydraulic tower / visitor centre apart from putting scaffolding around it?

Presumably that'll be turned to soon if the stadium is about 18 months away from completion right now?

I know that's not a LOR job but a conservation team's but.... ?‍♂️

Will the proposed massive EVERTON signage be on the stand facing the Mersey?

Big opportunity lost, if not so.

View attachment 193582

Absolutely being sold for sponsors and the likes, that. Which is sort of sad, because it looks great on that projection - especially the image where the lads are sat down looking towards it

But they'll be presenting that as such a unique sponsorship opportunity and upcharge with it

These photos are of the original plan. It's a shame we gave in over the World Heritage status issue as I think the sloping roof would have looked fantastic. We also lost a few extra rows in the South Stand. Still, not moaning too much as the stadium is going to be brilliant.
20221128_191541.jpg

Has there been any work done so far on the hydraulic tower / visitor centre apart from putting scaffolding around it?

Presumably that'll be turned to soon if the stadium is about 18 months away from completion right now?

I know that's not a LOR job but a conservation team's but.... ?‍♂️
Pretty sure LOR are doing the work there too.

I'm also sure lots of work has been done, but you can't see it due to the scaffold being in place.

Absolutely being sold for sponsors and the likes, that. Which is sort of sad, because it looks great on that projection - especially the image where the lads are sat down looking towards it

But they'll be presenting that as such a unique sponsorship opportunity and upcharge with it
It’s not, signage there would require planning permission and that’s not in the planning documents.

What is in the planning documents, though, is signage on the top of the stadium, on the East and West stand roof.

Yeah thanks for that, it answers my question fully. I had no idea so much was being done behind the scaffolding.

As the project manager says though, it's not a great space inside to cater to large numbers. It was mooted as a visitor's centre, but it sounds like what's being planned is still open to suggestion, from what was said in that video.