New Everton Stadium Discussion

But they’ve said they will never go above 1:1 despite you saying they would benefit with a capacity increase. While we would.

Cold, hard facts eh?

So has Colin Chong said about us..

Meanwhile, where's your 4k uplift in our south stand coming from? Which incidentally would still give a lower capacity than the standing Gwlady st end. Yellow/Blue wall? Hard facts?

I’m
It depends on interpretation of the green guide.... and spacial allowance to be used. Below is my reply to Jon Darch when he confirned that it may be as low as 1.3. Neither figure gives a 4k uplift.
Clearly my 4k uplift comment was a mistake which you’ve latched onto. I’ve always said the South stand capacity would rise to 16k which is a 3k uplift.

You said Spurs would benefit from a capacity increase when they won’t even if the legislation, tread depth etc allows them too.

Meanwhile, where's your 4k uplift in our south stand coming from? Which incidentally would still give a lower capacity than the standing Gwlady st end. Yellow/Blue wall? Hard facts?
Colin Chong said we will only ever have 1:1 even if the legislation allows?

That’s what the Spurs man said.

Tom, can you point out where I’ve said the South Stand would benefit from a 4k uplift, please?

Is this the one ?
Makes a great Home Screen on my phone...
Screenshot_20221126-175811_One UI Home.jpg

I was thinking about this. Will this be like the Gwladys Street used to be like, two sections? But still use the same concourse.
@AndyC will be familiar with this one.

View attachment 193161
My spot throughout the 80's just under the over hang but to the left of that middle upright, when it was full like that, or was a joy to behold, I loved the sway and movement, the noise and even the "aroma" lol.

God how we'll miss it but it's time to move on, "many a tear has to fall......."

Wonder if "Wurzel" is on GOT, was always a name and a loud fan yo follow, especially as an influential young teen. On the odd occasion I could raise my voice and get a chant going, it would live with me for months, Wurzel used to nail it.

Happy days, Higsons and Sayers Sausage Rolls......

I haven't been in Spur's South stand yet (hopefully next season), but have been on the South Tribune a few times (the first time it was half the current size). Last time I was there most of it was an old fashioned terrace, with only the rear section as rail seats. For European games it was fully seated. The South tribune standing has a much bigger capacity than the Spurs stand and if you include the seated corners is probably almost twice the capacity. It also has a down sloping roof which really holds and funnels the noise. Great atmosphere and view as far as I can remember. If greater ratio safestanding is ever allowed that gap would close a bit for both ours and Spurs end stands.
I've mentioned this a few times, I'm not convinced that Spurs stadium can increase capacity with a change in allowed ratio, as their stadium is designed to maximise seated capacity, with no future proofing. As they added NFL capability, they had to provide all the facilities that usage requires, basically a whole second set of larger changing rooms and associated facilities on the other side. That made space a premium as some stadium spaces were moved around and concourse space provided was engineered to be purely enough to provide what was needed for the seated capacity of the stand.
They could do a remodel though.

Ours was designed differently.