New Everton Stadium Discussion

You call St James Park rather than the Sports Direct arena because it was always St James Park. The ground was built on St James Place - that's it's location. And just as no one calls St James Park 'St James Place', no one would have reason for calling the Everton Stadium 'Bramley Moore'. It's just it's location. It'd be like calling Goodison Park 'Goodison Road'. The two are distinct: stadium / location of stadium.

It's abundantly clear now that the club are reinforcing the name 'Everton Stadium'. That's in preparation for the naming rights deal.
This is all true, however the stadium is Bramley Moore and always will be

Don't remember ever saying "are ya going to Goodison" to be honest. That's my point.
I'm thinking it's always "are ya going the match/game"
Is all I'm saying.

Quite. Someone asks where you are going, "Going home mate".

Someone asks where you live, its 123 Street.

People ask where I live and I say near Goodison, but thats the only time I’d use it, to locals obvs

Dont think I have ever referenced Goodison in where I live. 230 miles away doesnt give much of an idea.

But, "Go past the pub, up the short hill, on the right" gets most folk close.

Don't remember ever saying "are ya going to Goodison" to be honest. That's my point.
I'm thinking it's always "are ya going the match/game"
Is all I'm saying.
Okay, but my point was that no human being that supports Everton will refer to it as “Everton Stadium.”

We need a name for it, though. We can’t just call it “match place” or “game hole,” or whatever. It’ll be Bramley Moore or a snappy sponsor name if we get one.

This is all true, however the stadium is Bramley Moore and always will be
The stadium is not built. The stadium has just been designated 'The Everton Stadium'. It never has nor ever will be 'Bramley Moore' anything.

Bramley Moore was once a dock. It doesn't exist anymore. The new Everton Stadium is being built on that site.

The stadium is not built. The stadium has just been designated 'The Everton Stadium'. It never has nor ever will be 'Bramley Moore' anything.

Bramley Moore was once a dock. It doesn't exist anymore. The new Everton Stadium is being built on that site.
I understand your perspective on this, but you can’t hold the tide of inevitability back.

The name amongst the fanbase is fixed. Only the right sponsor will shift it.