New Everton Stadium Discussion

On the initial timescale, was the whole structure (I mean just the steel beams and rakes etc) of the North and South stand supposed to be completed by the end of this month?

Mr Drone is right, it's really starting to look like a football stadium. It looks very steep, similar to Juventus but with a much bigger capacity. I'm starting to think the computer renders haven't done it justice and we aren't going to fully appreciate just how imposing this stadium will be until its actually built

That's the best video yet. It really brings the stadium to life in terms of scale and size of the stands compared to the pitch.

Does anyone know why the rakers on the south stand seem to get steep in the lower section? There's a 'bend' about half way down. Clearly that won't be the case in reality.

I was wondering about this today myself. We'll just have to wait and see I suppose as the lower and higher members are not in place to see that pattern continue, but in my mind wasn't the regulations re safe standing wanting a shallower rake whereas we seem to have it steeper before reducing the angle in the upper seated section.

I don't recall the cross section showing such a outline.

Latest Mister Drone video from this morning.

Have they changed the order they're doing the west and east stands in?

The sequence in the construction management plan suggests the east stand would be built up first...unless they now turn their attention to the east stand in the coming weeks.

Screen Shot 2022-07-24 at 13.26.06.png

With Everton securing the debt of £350 million outside financing on future ticket sales and other revenue created around the stadium, do we know how much the annual repayments are expected to be, how much interest is to be paid, and for how long these payments will be spread?

With Everton securing the debt of £350 million outside financing on future ticket sales and other revenue created around the stadium, do we know how much the annual repayments are expected to be, how much interest is to be paid, and for how long these payments will be spread?
What's this? When did this happen?

What's this? When did this happen?
Well that is as far as I'm led to believe how the stadium is being financed, I believe £100 million by Moshiri, about £50 million in grants, and the rest is to be privately financed with the debt of the finance secured against ticket sales and other revenues generated.

I'm under the impression JP Morgan and Japanese bank MUFG were doing the offerings on behalf of the club, is this not the case?

Last edited:
Well that is as far as I'm led to believe how the stadium is being financed, I believe £100 million by Moshiri, about £50 million in grants, and the rest is to be privately financed with the debt of the finance secured against ticket sales and other revenues generated.

I'm under the impression JP Morgan and Japanese bank MUFGIs were doing the offerings on behalf of the club, this not the case?

It’s speculated but nothing is set in stone. I suspect a lot lies on what happens with Usmanov’s money.