New Everton Stadium Discussion

No, because that's trying to do what it set out to achieve: a straight redbrick industrial design.

Yes, the new Everton stadium has that to it, but it's a nod in the direction of the dock warehouses - not anything to do with a football stadium in Walton - and done so within an overall futuristic concept.

You're comaparing apples and pears.

I thought I was comparing lemons and fools.

It just maddens me when you get a cluless fool like Meis deciding he knows this sort of thing is what we all want. I doubt very much if there'd been a consultation on it it would have had momentum.

Our fans aren't the misty-eyed sentimentalists the club and their mates at the Echo tell us we are.

That pattern to the brickwork looks a mess and adds NOTHING to the stadium aesthetic.
Dave, Dave, Dave.....

Most, if not all of us LOVE Goodison.
Most, if not all like a nod to our History
Meis really isn't a clueless fool and if he is, he's a HAPPY Rich Clueless Fool.

Come on @davek Embrace it my good man.

I look forward to walking up to it and marvelling at the reflections , subtle but meaningful of of our History and all that's past while hoping for a Fantastic future for Everton and all who sail in her/him/he/she/they/them(have I covered them all?)

UTFT

Next time I'm at the Titanic I'll be body popping straight over there mate for a look. Looks unreal. How's that South stand looking? Proper tall and steep?
The whole thing is, well....massive.
Hard to put into words just how impressive its looking already. I just get giddy and start giggling like a daft kid when stood there imagining it finished.

Anybody gets a chance nip down there and have a look. You won't regret it.

1657907791956.jpeg

That's the north stand, even though its the smallest it looks huge. Can't wait to see the scale of the other stands now.

View attachment 173791
That's the north stand, even though its the smallest it looks huge. Can't wait to see the scale of the other stands now.
Looks great, the corner upper tier is a lot higher then the main bit though, it drops down a fair bit and you have the glass part, it's the only part of the stadium design I was a bit unsure of but sure it will look really good
Screenshot_20220715-195706.png

Yes. For Goodison. In Walton.

When you move house do you ever try and bring the old house's gate with you?

It's 'kin ridiculous.
Why not change the shirts as well. They have history. We could swap to red!

I’m really excited with the design, I love the brickwork with the roof shining over. I love the nod to Goodison Park.

The history of the area and our team are reflected in the design. It’s great, it already feels like it will have atmosphere.

There is going to be a cool neighbourhood surrounding it in the next few years too.

I love it all.

Why not change the shirts as well. They have history. We could swap to red!

I’m really excited with the design, I love the brickwork with the roof shining over. I love the nod to Goodison Park.

The history of the area and our team are reflected in the design. It’s great, it already feels like it will have atmosphere.

There is going to be a cool neighbourhood surrounding it in the next few years too.

I love it all.
Criss-cross butressing was a feature common to most of Leitch's engineering. WTF has that particularly got to do with us, and why should we be taking the idea to a new stadium which has f.a. to do with him?

It's an addition to the design that wasn't warranted or wanted. The type of idiot thing someone with zero feel for the club would do...that someone was Dan Meis.

Criss-cross butressing was a feature common to most of Leitch's engineering. WTF has that particularly got to do with us, and why should we be taking the idea to a new stadium which has f.a. to do with him?

It's an addition to the design that wasn't warranted or wanted. The type of idiot thing someone with zero feel for the club would do...that someone was Dan Meis.
And yet, you are the only Everton fan objecting to it.