New Everton Stadium Discussion

Actually hard to tell looking back at it.

Attachments

• 20220715_153237.png
    20220715_153237.png
    98.1 KB · Views: 171
"I know, let's build a 21st century football stadium that points the way to a hopefully glorious future...but give the punters some nineteenth century stadium reference points."

It's like Corbusier designing a modernist pavillion and putting a minaret on top of it.

Utterly daft beyond belief. The confused thinking at play with that. Just break from the past. It was Meis tipping a hat to what he believes fans want. Idiot.

I know, how daft all those architects were who took inspiration from the Parthenon and the Pantheon with buildings like St Georges Hall, the Capitol Building in Washington, the British Museum, the Jefferson Memorial, the lincoln memorial, our own town hall, and hundreds more.

"I know, let's build a 21st century football stadium that points the way to a hopefully glorious future...but give the punters some nineteenth century stadium reference points."

It's like Corbusier designing a modernist pavillion and putting a minaret on top of it.

Utterly daft beyond belief. The confused thinking at play with that. Just break from the past. It was Meis tipping a hat to what he believes fans want. Idiot.

You’ll love it when it’s built……

1657898095412.jpeg

I know, how daft all those architects were who took inspiration from the Parthenon and the Pantheon with buildings like St Georges Hall, the Capitol Building in Washington, the British Museum, the Jefferson Memorial, the lincoln memorial, our own town hall, and hundreds more.
They went for that same neo-classical style. Everton's stadium is a modernist construction. There has to be a line drawn under Goodison, not let it hangover into the new stadium.

WTF is the point of that?!

You’ll love it when it’s built……
It just maddens me when you get a cluless fool like Meis deciding he knows this sort of thing is what we all want. I doubt very much if there'd been a consultation on it it would have had momentum.

Our fans aren't the misty-eyed sentimentalists the club and their mates at the Echo tell us we are.

That pattern to the brickwork looks a mess and adds NOTHING to the stadium aesthetic.

It just maddens me when you get a cluless fool like Meis deciding he knows this sort of thing is what we all want. I doubt very much if there'd been a consultation on it it wouldn't have had momentum.

Our fans aren;t the misty-eyed sentimentalists the club and their mates at the Echo tell us we are.
But we really are.

Most fans love Goodison.

They went for that same neo-classical style. Everton's stadium is a modernist construction. There has to be a line drawn under Goodison, not let it hangover into the new stadium.

WTF is the point of that?!

Its a small design detail. I doubt most will even notice it. Pretty much every large build have some detail quirks the architect installed into them. And most folk havnt a clue what they are.