New Everton Stadium Discussion

Small amount of coastal general/bulk cargo and home to some of the port's tug fleet and other harbour boats, who were still resident right upto our move.
I was wrong to suggest it had been completely inactive. But it's not really a dock carrying out the level of import and export of goods it had been.

The larger point stands: that this dock has no pull for Everton supporters and the naming of the stadium when it comes will take only a small amount of time to become dominant over BMD.

Nope.

It wont.

The club and corporate world will call it what they want and that will be repeated by fans.

It just will. There'll be some people who'll refer to it as Bramley Moore, but I dont see a lot. It's not as if the name 'Bramley Moore' has been used by Everton before is it?

If this were Goodison Park being renamed then of course most fans would continue to call it Goodison. But this is just a disused dilapidated old dock that hasn't functioned as anything for decades and has zero emotional pull for Evertonians.

'The Bramley Moore'.

Pffffft!!!!!
Judging by this thread, the highlighted is incorrect. We are already forming an emotional attachment to Bramley Moore and its still only a building site.

I was wrong to suggest it had been completely inactive. But it's not really a dock carrying out the level of import and export of goods it had been.

The larger point stands: that this dock has no pull for Everton supporters and the naming of the stadium when it comes will take only a small amount of time to become dominant over BMD.
HOLY MARY MOTHER OF GOD!!!!!!!

Judging by this thread, the highlighted is incorrect. We are already forming an emotional attachment to Bramley Moore and its still only a building site.

It wont last.

The club and the media will see to that.

The dock is just a space that means nothing to Everton's history or its present.

The dock's history is coal exporting. That's it.

It's not a dock now. And from 2024/25 the space becomes part of Everton's history. A space with a new name.

It wont last.

The club and the media will see to that.

The dock is just a space that means nothing to Everton's history or its present.

The dock's history is coal exporting. That's it.

It's not a dock now. And from 2024/25 the space becomes part of Everton's history. A space with a new name.
As long as there is a river on one side and a dock wall on the other, those of us who were born in the vicinity of the docks will be happy to refer to it as "Bramley Moore"

Should have been 'partially wrong'.
Nah, completely wrong my son.

Nope.

It wont.

The club and corporate world will call it what they want and that will be repeated by fans.

It just will. There'll be some people who'll refer to it as Bramley Moore, but I dont see a lot. It's not as if the name 'Bramley Moore' has been used by Everton before is it?

If this were Goodison Park being renamed then of course most fans would continue to call it Goodison. But this is just a disused dilapidated old dock that hasn't functioned as anything for decades and has zero emotional pull for Evertonians.

'The Bramley Moore'.

Pffffft!!!!!
God bless.

Nope, we're paying a peppercorn rent for the land.

They can't evict us so it's essentially ours.

As for Nelson Dock, like everything else in LW it's available for development, no way would Peel sell it.
Liverpool will buy it and just build a 500ft wall