New Everton Stadium Discussion

I know plenty of lads who studied at Leeds/Sheffield/down London who went the matches down there, met a mate myself at uni in Liverpool who was a Notts Forest fan but went to Anfield to watch the odd lower round cup games.

Just because you may live a sheltered existence don't assume everyone else does.

Why would a student come and watch us when they can stream it?

Why would a student come and watch us when they can stream it?

For the experience I would imagine - the ground will be on many peoples bucket lists to visit particularly if the Liverpool Waters project continues regeneration around the area and bars/retail/hotels start springing up.

Young Blues at uni inviting their out of town mates staying in the city to study to come see a game and convert them.

Even if the numbers aint huge you would no doubt attract local blues who either are on the waiting list for a season ticket or can't afford one to get down to the odd games here and there.

60k may be ambitious but we could have certainly filled around 55k-57k a week imo.

For the experience I would imagine - the ground will be on many peoples bucket lists to visit particularly if the Liverpool Waters project continues regeneration around the area and bars/retail/hotels start springing up.

Young Blues at uni inviting their out of town mates staying in the city to study to come see a game and convert them.

Even if the numbers aint huge you would no doubt attract local blues who either are on the waiting list for a season ticket or can't afford one to get down to the odd games here and there.

60k may be ambitious but we could have certainly filled around 55k-57k a week imo.

I agree re 55k. But I don't think any student who isn't a blue will have it on their bucket list to watch Everton.

Having been a student at uni myself I reckon most will concentrate on going out on lash, getting their end away and doing all they can to watch football for free.

I agree re 55k. But I don't think any student who isn't a blue will have it on their bucket list to watch Everton.

Having been a student at uni myself I reckon most will concentrate on going out on lash, getting their end away and doing all they can to watch football for free.
Thats also something to consider.

I cant imagine its soon, but at some point, MAYBE, there might well be a shift towards affordable streaming of ALL games.

Which would impact on the amount of people attending games.

Of course there will always be people who want to visit stadiums, but coupled with the inevitable price increases, we might well consider 52k a decent number in time.

2 of my mates still support the teams from cities/towns they went to Uni in and still go back and watch games when they can...

Maybe not so much to watch Everton but they'll certainly be many who will want to experience a match at BMD - throw up a few bars and eating places around the area and if they can replicate somewhere like the baltic triangle it could easily become more than just going to watch Everton - it becomes going the game followed by a few bevvys and making a night of it.

I know a load of non Spurs fans who are desperate to experience a match at their new ground even if its sitting in the home end.

Throw in concerts/events etc the club need to maximise revenue out of the project.

I was a bit disappointed with the capacity but they’ll have done extensive work to calculate what it should be. Just because there’s a season ticket waiting list doesn’t mean everyone on it would buy one. Also factor in that within a few years every game will be televised.