New Everton Stadium Discussion

View attachment 171504

…..worth noting that Molly Bushell’s original Toffee Shop was alongside The Brow.

We have some proper history in this city, we don’t have to look to a hill in South Africa for our home end or a 1960s pop song on our badge.
Depends which version of the scene you take to determine your point. Yes, it was steep, but not in reality that steep. Another artist's impression...

10539447154_c59c933f5b_b.jpg

The photographic reality...

Db53OOUW4AAHktF

....certainly nowhere near the rake of that South Stand to be that you appear to be claiming for it.

'Kenwright Cop Out' more like.
I've no objection at all to a plaque with Bills name on say a toilet block.

"The William Luvington Boyspen Hickson Kenwright Memorial Toilet Block"

A fitting tribute we can all appreciate at H.T. especially the toilet paper possibly embossed with his image...allegedly.

Depends which version of the scene you take to determine your point. Yes, it was steep, but not in reality that steep. Another artist's impression...

Db53OOUW4AAHktF

....certainly nowhere near the rake of that South Stand to be that you appear to be claiming for it.
Not much health and safety issues there with them roofers and the people below. The good old days.

Db53OOUW4AAHktF

So you've moved on from your complaint that the Orange Order walked up it to it now not meeting your steepness requirements?

What's with the past tense, too? It's still there, and it's still a hill. Get down there with your inclinometer.

Screenshot 2022-06-27 at 11.27.20.png

Db53OOUW4AAHktF

….if you walk to work up the Everton Brow steps, you’ll have thighs like Gerd Muller:

93AFA930-6399-40F9-A3C0-3B08A85E1E35.jpeg

….ha, ha, I have no idea of the rake but it’s steep & it’s a symbolic link to aspects of our past.

So you've moved on from your complaint that the Orange Order walked up it to it now not meeting your steepness requirements?

What's with the past tense, too? It's still there, and it's still a hill. Get down there with your inclinometer.

View attachment 171522

….sad raising his issue about the Lodge. i’m born and raised in Everton and even if it is an issue, I don’t ever remember them marching on Everton Brow. Certainly Netherfield Rd and many other thoroughfares in the City, including the City Centre, Stanley Rd etc.

Regardless, I imagine Everton Brow was there long before the Lodge.

Last edited:

Db53OOUW4AAHktF

How are you feeling about the new stadium my son? I bet you're buzzing like a spinsters hand luggage.

God bless.

….sad raising his issue about the Lodge. i’m born and raised in Everton and even if it is an issue, I don’t ever remember them marching on Everton Brow. Certainly Netherfield Rd and many other thoroughfares in the City, including the City Centre, Stanley Rd etc.

Regardless, I imagine Everton Brow was there long before the Lodge started marching in our city.
Like them walking there gives them any right to ownership of the land. Tell that to the Catholic neighbourhoods in Northern Ireland that have had to put up with the parades marching down their streets.

It's a needlessly provocative thing to bring up, just so he can play the contrarian yet again.