New Everton Stadium Discussion

Interestingly enough that comparison diagram shows 62 rows on our new south stand so maybe it's closer than I originally thought.

I count 60 on the bowl plan from the planning documents. Plus the walkway in the middle (27 rows underneath the walkway, 33 above.)

But I have just finished a run and my hands and eyes are a bit wobbly…. I encourage anyone to check my count below:

787C1BC4-E868-4473-B21A-D289C862937F.jpeg

Interestingly enough that comparison diagram shows 62 rows on our new south stand so maybe it's closer than I originally thought.

Of course it doesn't show the super riser so the real life version will look different and perhaps may be raked so it's not so impressive in size, it could however be there or there abouts. We can't really worry what they do with Anfield next, we've just got to make ours look and function well, if that diagram is 95% there we should be happy.
I'm quite sure that is not the larger south stand design. That was a basic comparison of a 60 row stand on the prescribed rake angle. I've seen a comparison of original and new design overlayed, and there was a marked difference in depth. The older one went much closer to the roof line too.

I count 60 on the bowl plan from the planning documents. Plus the walkway in the middle (27 rows underneath the walkway, 33 above.)

But I have just finished a run and my hands and eyes are a bit wobbly…. I encourage anyone to check my count below:

View attachment 171465

….I‘m waiting for another operation on my detached retina but I can confirm there are lots of blurry rows. I think I’ll join you in going for a rum.

The scale of the whole thing is massive to people not in construction.

The reality is the hard work is done. (filling in a big hole full of water and piling down into that.)

It's now more of a coordination/assembly job. It's still very impressive and any unexpected delay from just one supplier can mess the whole timeline up.
I obviously don't know how you build a football stadium, but they're not building it how you would expect.
If that makes any sense. lol

….the steepness of the South Stand home end reminds me of Everton Brow, next to our famous landmark;

View attachment 171486

…they can have their South African Spion Kop, we know our history and we have our very own Everton Brow.
The Brow would be a great name for that stand.

I wonder what the club’s approach to naming the stands will be. Given that we’re almost certainly getting a stadium sponsor, I’d like the stands at least to have non-commercial names.

Maybe the recently-revised names of the Gwlayds Street and Park End point the way? Named after club legends, perhaps.

I wonder what the club’s approach to naming the stands will be. Given that we’re almost certainly getting a stadium sponsor, I’d like the stands at least to have non-commercial names.

Maybe the recently-revised names of the Gwlayds Street and Park End point the way? Named after club legends, perhaps.
Town end - South Stand.

River stand - West Stand.

Goodison Stand - East Stand

W.R Dean Stand (be called the Dixie) - North Stand.

….it was hard work kicking a ball up The Brow, it was like climbing a mountain. Iconic name for the steepness of that stand.

893A779C-CB40-4916-873E-99195279643F.jpeg

It may be a moot comparison in anycase..... If safe-standing at over 1:1 ratio is ever allowed, I think the Kop will be the next rebuild over there. They're already talking about it because even the new Anfield Rd stand is bigger than it and will hold 16k.
There are designs already in place including it heading over Walton Breck Road and the hotel is going on the plaza behind the main stand.