New Everton Stadium Discussion

It cant be that height, surely?

That's underwhelming if it is.

That doesn't exactly blow you away like does it?

Thank God for the Mersey-side coverage the stadium will be getting.
Good after Dave,

We’ve taken your observation on board and promptly demolished the site. It now looks like this:

039A2BF9-AD12-46E2-9317-E67B635A4DF8.jpeg

We’ll also ensure to move that pesky turbine

Regards

Colin Chong

Then what is it? It's certainly not half way through as was suggested. When the money dries up the contractors and suppliers stop.

Not entirely sure what you mean by the money drying up.

Anyway, my point was, that the biggest lumps of money are invoiced towards the back end of a project. So saying that it's nowhere near half way cause only £100m has been 'spent' is a bit of a false equivalence. The physical build isn't halfway, but the stadium project is over half way.

Also, may be worth saying, that as much of the project is being manufactured offsite, much more of the stadium has been manufactured than what you see onside. Also, the steelwork will be invoiced as it arrives. Depending on the contract, that invoice will be based upon arrival the site, or the facility. So probably not correct to say that 'only £100m has been spent anyway, certainly when considering not insubstantial design costs and the £100m site prep costs.

Would be good to have a look at the construction program though.

Im shocked that a Stadium build with a waterfront view, looks better from the water.

Shocked I tell you.
Tbh, I'm not a great fan of that sandstone dock wall. That could do with coming down. It isn't a very flattering angle for the stadium rising up beyond it. The new stadium shouldn't be hiding its light under a bushel, with visitors only getting a view of it once through the gateway. Yes, leave some part of it in place to emphasize continuity with the rest of the dock wall - underlining what the site once was - but not all of it.

Not entirely sure what you mean by the money drying up.

Anyway, my point was, that the biggest lumps of money are invoiced towards the back end of a project. So saying that it's nowhere near half way cause only £100m has been 'spent' is a bit of a false equivalence. The physical build isn't halfway, but the stadium project is over half way.

Also, may be worth saying, that as much of the project is being manufactured offsite, much more of the stadium has been manufactured than what you see onside. Also, the steelwork will be invoiced as it arrives. Depending on the contract, that invoice will be based upon arrival the site, or the facility. So probably not correct to say that 'only £100m has been spent anyway, certainly when considering not insubstantial design costs and the £100m site prep costs.

Would be good to have a look at the construction program though.

Yes, if you say the project is already over 5yrs old you might conclude that we are over half way. However that ignores the fact that that time includes years of stalled progress from initial phases of acquisition, Commonwealth games bids and changes of design and long periods of inertia, consultation, flowed by further consultation and planning application. Design is only a very small proportion of the total cost. The financial package still hasn't been finalised and the owner has funded everything thus far, which doesn't cover a quarter, nevermind half the total cost.

Admittedly I haven't been to the site for a couple of weeks and haven't seen the latest videos yet, but last time I was there, there was only very small amount of steelwork erected. They've only just installed the tower cranes. So it's nonsense to suggest we are half way yet.

They're operating a "just in time" manufacturing and construction process. As with any similar process that will only continue, (with some slip) for as long as funding continues. Margins are traditionally too tight in construction for good faith arrangements.