New Everton Stadium Discussion

How is Brantley Moore related to slavery?

The last Liverpool slave ship was 1807 and the dock opened in 1848.

Just curious!

As explained above, the trade with a largely slave economy Brazil until the 1880s (which Bramley Moore championed) draw's the dock into that discussion...as the club acknowledge.

Does the second part of that quote relate to the name or the apparent onsite memorial talked about in the article? It's not clear. If it's even true at all.

And the first part is almost certainly true just because it'll be named after whoever sponsors it.

I'm guessing after construction the name BMD is likely to disappear, in the same way Ashburton Grove or The Northumberland Development Project did.

Thanks for this, I didn’t know the history.

In this instance, I can’t decide whether it is better to let the name die and consign him to the depths of history, or retain it and allow the history to live on.

Certainly, such a man should not be memorialised in any positive light. Perhaps a change of name is for the best?

There then remains the question of honouring his victims and how that should be done. Whatever is done, it needs careful thought.

And I showed you how rubbish your statement was.

Here it is again.

That site I linked to: how is it bogus? That was never explained to me.

And I doubt if it's quoting a 'club source' extensively it made it up. It's still publishing and I doubt the club would have missed their link.

Over to you...

That site I linked to: how is it bogus? That was never explained to me.

And I doubt if it's quoting a 'club source' extensively it made it up. It's still publishing and I doubt the club would have missed their link.

Over to you...
Surely the fact that the source is blacklisted should tell you everything, Dave.

I still have no idea who it was.

You said, Everton are distancing themselves from the name Bramley-Moore.

I then post a tweet, from 3 days ago, with Everton using the name Bramley-Moore.

I would say over to you, but theres no point, cos this is over.

Surely the fact that the source is blacklisted should tell you everything, Dave.

I still have no idea who it was.

You said, Everton are distancing themselves from the name Bramley-Moore.

I then post a tweet, from 3 days ago, with Everton using the name Bramley-Moore.

I would say over to you, but theres no point, cos this is over.
Who is it blacklisted by? What for?

Who is it blacklisted by? What for?
The stupid made up link you posted.

You can delete it all you want, its still there.

ddds.jpg

The stupid made up link you posted.
It's not a made up link, it's a local news website and it's there online right now covering...erm...local stories if you care to look for it. Liverpool World.

I'm not being confrontational, I'm genuinley not aware of it being blacklisted. I;d like to know why.

It's not a made up link, it's a local news website and it's there online right now covering...erm...local stories if you care to look for it. Liverpool World.

I'm not being confrontational, I'm genuinley not aware of it being blacklisted. I;d like to know why.
The website is blacklisted on here, I would presume due to them being a terrible source.