New Everton Stadium Discussion

Redeveloping and expanding the Park End (to include corporate boxes and other hospitality) and closing the gap between the Main Stand and the church by building over Goodison Place could have increased GP capacity to something approaching 50,000 without any issues surrounding footprint (and probably cost only 10-20% of the cost of BMD).

Yes and it would have looked *sihte* and we would then have decided to move in any case. We are moving. It will be great and I can't wait.

I know they aren't everybody's cup of tea for various reasons but I would be amazed if The Spoons didn't open a branch somewhere handy.
I’m sure they’ve converted warehouses in the past, there’s plenty down there for them. I think it’s pretty much guaranteed they will have somewhere in mind.

Redeveloping and expanding the Park End (to include corporate boxes and other hospitality) and closing the gap between the Main Stand and the church by building over Goodison Place could have increased GP capacity to something approaching 50,000 without any issues surrounding footprint (and probably cost only 10-20% of the cost of BMD).

Look, we all love GP. I’ve spent over 60+ years going there. But let’s be honest, it’s had its day. The memories will always be there, but the ground used to be the finest in England, now it’s not. Our new ground will be fabulous, it will bring us back to the top, and hopefully the bloody team will get its finger out and do similar…….

Look, we all love GP. I’ve spent over 60+ years going there. But let’s be honest, it’s had its day. The memories will always be there, but the ground used to be the finest in England, now it’s not. Our new ground will be fabulous, it will bring us back to the top, and hopefully the bloody team will get its finger out and do similar…….
Yes, I've always loved Goodison. I first went there in about 1952 and hated the idea of leaving. I mean really hated it, and I hardly ever get there any more, living in Melbourne, but I've become more relaxed about it now and can't wait to go to BMD, literally. And I do mean literally, at my age.