New Everton Stadium Discussion

This is where the whole "the new stadium will help us compete/take us to a new level" argument falls apart. New stadia have to be paid for and by the time it is and it is no longer an impediment the stadium is no longer state of the art and other clubs also improved their facilities so any benefit is diminished. That's not to say we shouldn't do it but it is not going to somehow transform us into a CL club.

I know a lot of Evertonians, as I'm sure most of us do. I don't know one who thinks the new stadium will give us the bunk up we need. Personally, I'm just happy to be moving to such a great new stadium with an opportunity to make more of a day of it than ever could be had at Goodison, and yes I do know I'll be spending far more money on a match day/night. Can't wait.

Just finished the latest survey

26B628E0-88F7-415C-887E-6E38402E07F6.png

I guess match ticket prices getting increased was inevitable really. I only hope that we get some better football to justify it.
I've got mixed feelings about this, to be fair prices have been frozen for years, on the other - even if we increase every matchday ticket by, on average, £10 which is a hefty increase for a fan, it'll net the club an extra what? half a million per game? So over a season an extra £10 million maybe?
Maybe there's more to it than that but it seems like a massive hit on the fans for, in the grand scheme of things, a modest sum of money for the club. We can piss that money up the wall on 20 year old full back who'll spend his entire Everton career on loan.

There isnt a club on the planet who have improved on the pitch cos they have a shiny new ground. Long term, the economics make sense. As does the whole infrastructure stuff.

Its, IMO, a beautiful build, and will be our home for another 100 years, if we cut down on hairspray and stuff so it doesnt get washed away, but points on the board wise, its irrelevant.
We need a new ground because the present one is not fit for the 21st Century...and probably the last 20yrs of the 20th too.
It's just, well for us, a modern place to watch a footy match, not a money making venue on none match days.

Dan Meis, the concept architect for Everton’s new stadium at Bramley-Moore Dock, will continue his association with Everton’s new stadium project as he takes up a new guardianship role.

Meis’ initial role in the stadium project came to a natural end in the summer of 2020 as the scheme moved from the concept to technical phases. Working under Everton’s Stadium Development Director Colin Chong and alongside the project leads from construction partner Laing O’Rourke and architects BDP Pattern, Meis’ role will involve reviewing the technical construction specifications and engaging the compliance team ahead of each stage of development to ensure the original design concept remains in place throughout the build.

Confirming Meis’, return to the project, Everton Chairman Bill Kenwright said: “Dan has been an important part of our stadium journey so far and we are pleased he has accepted this new role.

“In working alongside both our in-house and external teams, Dan will be joining some of the best technical talents in the country throughout the exciting construction phase of the project.”

Dan Meis, the concept architect for Everton’s new stadium at Bramley-Moore Dock, will continue his association with Everton’s new stadium project as he takes up a new guardianship role.

Meis’ initial role in the stadium project came to a natural end in the summer of 2020 as the scheme moved from the concept to technical phases. Working under Everton’s Stadium Development Director Colin Chong and alongside the project leads from construction partner Laing O’Rourke and architects BDP Pattern, Meis’ role will involve reviewing the technical construction specifications and engaging the compliance team ahead of each stage of development to ensure the original design concept remains in place throughout the build.

Confirming Meis’, return to the project, Everton Chairman Bill Kenwright said: “Dan has been an important part of our stadium journey so far and we are pleased he has accepted this new role.

“In working alongside both our in-house and external teams, Dan will be joining some of the best technical talents in the country throughout the exciting construction phase of the project.”

Seems a bit small time and sentimental again from the club. Everton made the decision to part ways. Meis then threw a tantrum on twitter about it. Why are we now crawling back to him?

The right choice. He should never have been given the cold shoulder. His agency designed something amazing for us, which will endure for generations. He needs to steward the process.

I know a lot of Evertonians, as I'm sure most of us do. I don't know one who thinks the new stadium will give us the bunk up we need. Personally, I'm just happy to be moving to such a great new stadium with an opportunity to make more of a day of it than ever could be had at Goodison, and yes I do know I'll be spending far more money on a match day/night. Can't wait.

The big upside, more fans can get in to see the games.