New Everton Stadium Discussion

Peter Farrell played in that. He told me he took his usual public bus and when he got to the ground there was hardly anyone around. At the entrance he was told the ground was already full a couple of hours before Kick Off. Saturday was a half day and the workers legged it straight to the ground after work.
Peter Farrell, one of the best captains Everton ever had. He once came to our boys' club to give a talk. He asked 'does anyone play centre-half'. I put my hand up and he talked to me for about 5 minutes on centre-half play. I was only about 13 and I was mesmerised.

Peter Farrell, one of the best captains Everton ever had. He once came to our boys' club to give a talk. He asked 'does anyone play centre-half'. I put my hand up and he talked to me for about 5 minutes on centre-half play. I was only about 13 and I was mesmerised.

He lived near where I grew up in Dublin and he used to get on the 46A bus one stop before mine, and we would sit and talk about his Everton days, usually on the way to a Shamrock rovers match. A very humble, polite and gentle person.

I got my first car, a 13 year old rusty Beetle at the end of 84. On a trip to Goodison I bought a rectangular sticker for the rear windscreen, showing "Goodison Park - Home of Everton".

I pulled up near a newsagent one day and when I got out, Peter was just arriving on foot. He immediately spotted the sticker and - I kid you not - he went down on two knees and bowed !! I didn't know whether to laugh or cry. When he stood up he pointed and said "I went to a high school on a high mountain".

He sold insurance when he finished playing and often called into my Dad's shop until it was sold in early 70s. Dad had supported Everton while working in London in the 50s and early 60s, mostly because of the number of Irish at the Club. A truly lovely human being.

He lived near where I grew up in Dublin and he used to get on the 46A bus one stop before mine, and we would sit and talk about his Everton days, usually on the way to a Shamrock rovers match. A very humble, polite and gentle person.

I got my first car, a 13 year old rusty Beetle at the end of 84. On a trip to Goodison I bought a rectangular sticker for the rear windscreen, showing "Goodison Park - Home of Everton".

I pulled up near a newsagent one day and when I got out, Peter was just arriving on foot. He immediately spotted the sticker and - I kid you not - he went down on two knees and bowed !! I didn't know whether to laugh or cry. When he stood up he pointed and said "I went to a high school on a high mountain".

He sold insurance when he finished playing and often called into my Dad's shop until it was sold in early 70s. Dad had supported Everton while working in London in the 50s and early 60s, mostly because of the number of Irish at the Club. A truly lovely human being.
Even at the tender age of ten to fifteen, when I watched Everton from the first season after the war, I could see how important Peter Farrell was to the Everton team. He was a shortish, stocky (some would say plumpish) build but he worked non-stop for 90 minutes. He would be running just as hard in the 90th minute as in the first minute. His face was a deep red in colour from his exertions. My favourite player was Tommy Jones the centre-half but Peter Farrell was my hero. I remember going to support England in a International at Goodison against Ireland. Ireland were winning 1 - 0 and I was behind the goal when Peter Farrell scored Ireland's second goal and allegiances forgotten, I jumped up and down cheering like mad. It was the first time England had lost a game on home soil.

Just been watching one of the latest drone videos. I think the infill is starting to become visible now, the dock is noticeably lighter in colour (because it’s shallower / more sand in the water I’m guessing) than Nelson Dock to the south and Sandon Half Tide Dock to the north.

View attachment 142813
Was the dock open to the mersey on 2 sides or just the 1.Is there a permanent structure there now closing it.

Even at the tender age of ten to fifteen, when I watched Everton from the first season after the war, I could see how important Peter Farrell was to the Everton team. He was a shortish, stocky (some would say plumpish) build but he worked non-stop for 90 minutes. He would be running just as hard in the 90th minute as in the first minute. His face was a deep red in colour from his exertions. My favourite player was Tommy Jones the centre-half but Peter Farrell was my hero. I remember going to support England in a International at Goodison against Ireland. Ireland were winning 1 - 0 and I was behind the goal when Peter Farrell scored Ireland's second goal and allegiances forgotten, I jumped up and down cheering like mad. It was the first time England had lost a game on home soil.

I posted this in the Old Everton Pictures thread.....

1634415769194.png

Peter Farrell Front row second from right, Peter Corr far left same row. Eggo was dropped for some reason

I didn't see it and back away from it. I ignored it. I dont gamble. Said that many times in the past.

The club official website being launched is called the Everton Stadium website.

"Come writers and critics
Who prophesize with your pen
And keep your eyes wide
The chance won't come again
And don't speak too soon
For the wheel's still in spin
And there's no tellin' who
That it's namin'
For the loser now
Will be later to win"

The times they are a changin'.
Fixed that for you mert, put in the bit you left out that goes before it

It's an address that's not even used in conversation anymore. Everyone simply calls it the Echo Arena and everyone knows where it is. The waterfront.

And so it will be when this stadium is built: the Everton Stadium / USM Stadium or whatever, on the waterfront.
The new car park they’ve built is addressed as Kings Dock. So is..

2407CCD8-282A-455F-B0D4-24054FB23C5F.jpeg

and a few others… Bramley Moore will be retained to a decent extent.