New Everton Stadium Discussion

I'd have to say sorry first my son.
You've said something, , been called out on it, denied saying that something and now try your usual diversionary tactics to hide it.
God bless.

Proverbs 26:3
A whip for the horse, a bridle for the donkey, and a rod for the back of fools.
I dont know why you've taken the effort to go all round the houses to prove yourself wrong, but that's your prerogative I suppose.

Anyway, the New Everton Stadium thread...

Just been watching one of the latest drone videos. I think the infill is starting to become visible now, the dock is noticeably lighter in colour (because it’s shallower / more sand in the water I’m guessing) than Nelson Dock to the south and Sandon Half Tide Dock to the north.

191FF9A2-E157-42CC-8F6D-CBF82CBDA830.jpeg

Just been watching one of the latest drone videos. I think the infill is starting to become visible now, the dock is noticeably lighter in colour (because it’s shallower / more sand in the water I’m guessing) than Nelson Dock to the south and Sandon Half Tide Dock to the north.

View attachment 142813
No it’s just that the water in BMD is angled away from blue sky to avoid unnecessarily optimistic thinking

No it’s just that the water in BMD is angled away from blue sky to avoid unnecessarily optimistic thinking
Yeah, in fairness I’ve been watching and hoping that the water starts to change colour. I think I’ve willed the change into being a bit too hard. Since it’s not connected to the Mersey anymore, in all likelihood the shifting levels in the neighbouring docks are probably more responsible for the variation in colour than anything in Bramley Moore.

Just for clarification, when the BMD was first named as the site we had chosen, the possibility of it hosting the Commonwealth Games was not yet in the frame was it? Didn't that raise its head a year or 2 later?

Regarding the 60,000 capacity version, unless I am mistaken, it followed Goodison re. the lay out ie a triple decker, 2 double deckers and a single decker. It did look more impressive than the version we have now, but I'm sure what we will be moving to will be spectacular giving the location and first class facilities.

Goidison always had a considerably larger capacity than Analfield, for many years their capacity was 52,000 whilst ours was 64,000. I was often in Godison with 66,000. You have to remember that Goodison Rd. was an absolutely colossal terrace before the new main stand was built.
Goodison record crowd 78,299 v Liverpool 1948/49 season. I was in the boys' pen and we could have got another three or four in there.

Goodison record crowd 78,299 v Liverpool 1948/49 season. I was in the boys' pen and we could have got another three or four in there.

Peter Farrell played in that. He told me he took his usual public bus and when he got to the ground there was hardly anyone around. At the entrance he was told the ground was already full a couple of hours before Kick Off. Saturday was a half day and the workers legged it straight to the ground after work.

Yeah, in fairness I’ve been watching and hoping that the water starts to change colour. I think I’ve willed the change into being a bit too hard. Since it’s not connected to the Mersey anymore, in all likelihood the shifting levels in the neighbouring docks are probably more responsible for the variation in colour than anything in Bramley Moore.
I don't believe that you are talking about the colour of BMD, knowing what we do about its history, bad racists

I'd have to say sorry first my son.
You've said something, , been called out on it, denied saying that something and now try your usual diversionary tactics to hide it.
God bless.

Proverbs 26:3
A whip for the horse, a bridle for the donkey, and a rod for the back of fools.

I dont know why you've taken the effort to go all round the houses to prove yourself wrong, but that's your prerogative I suppose.

Anyway, the New Everton Stadium thread...
Can we just agree you're both wrong and chat about the shiny new stadium for a bit?