New Everton Stadium Discussion

Just a compilation of videos of us trying to get a corner past the first defender will do it
It's a tactic. If you hit it hard enough the defender wont control it and it will go out for another corner.

If you take the next corner and hit it hard enough the defender wont control it and it will go out for another corner.

If you take the next..........................................................................................................................................................

Looking at the most recent drone videos - excellent updates, hat-tip to those responsible - are they recycling the brickwork from the old warehouses either side into material which is then being trucked around as a foundation for the fan plaza? Looks to be the case.
So we will be walking in across some of the old buildings previously on the site. Nice touch and good re-use of material on site, green credentials of the project ticked off.
It's cheaper than buying new stuff.

….where the river historically came up to. All of those buildings around the Strand and beyond were built where the river once was, so this reclaiming of the dock water is something that been happening for a long time.

This is the oldest i've seen , before Georges dock was constructed ( awaiting planning permission I suppose ).
On the left St Nicholas' church , gives a scale of where the water came upto.
I'd imagine most of the docks went through the same process.
Screenshot_20211010-140820_Chrome.jpg

I can just picture it now:

Evil Villian "Do you like it when a team scores a goal from a corner kick, Mr Bond?"

James Bond "Of course. Who doesn't like seeing a pin point precise cross, met by a striker leaping like a salmon, bulleting the ball past a despairing keeper. The sound as the net bulges"

Evil Villian "Then prepare yourself Mr Bond. As Everton fail to get past the first defender time and time again"

James Bond "A premier league club? Ha, do your worst. There can't be more than a handful of those before it's trained out of them"

A few hours later....

James Bond "Oh god, please make it stop"

Evil Villian "Had enough already Mr Bond? Disappointing. We haven't even made it to the videos of them trying to find a team mate with a throw in. What about 1998 Mr Bond? Carl Tiler, Marc Hottigar, I could go on Mr Bond...."

James Bond "Noooooo....."
I know this is a joke but the throw in thing drives me nuts, it's been that way for 30 years, other teams can throw a ball safely to a team mate, ffs!