New Everton Stadium Discussion

On a serious note, Excellent post and info fella really appreciate the effort.

Im even more excited than I was when they had that Ground Breaking day!

Cant wait to walk around soaking it all in!

Will miss GP massively tho

Yeah, I know what you mean. I'm 60 years old now and I went to my first game as an 8-year-old, sitting on my dad's shoulders at the park end.
I was a long-time season ticket holder but I'm retired now due to ill health. That's why I have plenty of time on my hands.
Love the old girl but I'm really excited about the new place, and I'm determined to get there at least once.

Yeah, I know what you mean. I'm 60 years old now and I went to my first game as an 8-year-old, sitting on my dad's shoulders at the park end.
I was a long-time season ticket holder but I'm retired now due to ill health. That's why I have plenty of time on my hands.
Love the old girl but I'm really excited about the new place, and I'm determined to get there at least once.

Been going to Everton matches in the UK since 1980 (I live in Ireland) - first away was Gary Birtles' home debut for the Mancs - we lost 2-0 I think.

You don't realise how lucky you are to be a short drive or cab ride from GP and a ST holder never mind for the new Stadium. There are plenty of Irish Toffees are ST holders, but mostly living in Dublin - I have lived in Kilkenny since 1990

I am also close to retirement, partly on health grounds over the past 18 months. I wonder how difficult it will be to get tickets for BMD.

Anything like the bogs at GP and the poor sods will be high as a kite off the stench of pot and dry ale farts lol
Perfectly described. There's an old boy that is a fixture at the bar in The Brick on match days.he rips them out like a gorilla. There's no escape you almost have to chew the thing and the bloke always has a smirk on his face smelly toad he is.

Been going to Everton matches in the UK since 1980 (I live in Ireland) - first away was Gary Birtles' home debut for the Mancs - we lost 2-0 I think.

You don't realise how lucky you are to be a short drive or cab ride from GP and a ST holder never mind for the new Stadium. There are plenty of Irish Toffees are ST holders, but mostly living in Dublin - I have lived in Kilkenny since 1990

I am also close to retirement, partly on health grounds over the past 18 months. I wonder how difficult it will be to get tickets for BMD.

Met quite a few Irish blues over the years.... a dedicated bunch they are too. They'd have to be!

As regards tickets, generally increased capacity should make for better availability at BMD. An approximate 14k increase overall should mean over 10k additional general admission tkts and not all will be for new season tickets, so it's not an insignificant increase. There may be a novelty factor and "new stadium effect" (and maybe even some success) increasing demand, but if there is an increase in ticket prices too, that might also improve availability as I'm not sure that there's a lot of price elasticity in our fanbase's demand.

I'm sure they'll be chasing that sweet spot of filling the place while maximising revenue to pay for it. That pressure might be high, depending on the financial deal and/or if those costs rise further. If anything, we might need more Irish (and other tourist) blues prepared to pay "top dollar", and the club will be looking to maximise that market too. Be prepared for increased notifications of ticket/corporate/corporate-lite packages for Irish supporters clubs.

Get on the waiting list for Goodison now
I was on the list for a few years before I got one
I don’t use it as I gave it to a lad in Liverpool
I go to the match with friends from Liverpool and use one of their tickets when I go over
Season tickets will transfer over and those on the waiting list would be first to get a ST for BMD

Some more images for today...

ri_3 (8).png

Another view of the openings in the Regent Road wall. There will be 3 of these, as well the original turret openings north and south.
Giving 5 access points to the east side of the stadium.

ri_2.png

The covered concourse on the west side. This point of view is looking South towards Nelson Dock, with the river and the steps on the other side of the wall on the right. There are cutouts in the roof as can be seen by the sun forming patterns on the pavement.
and before anyone mentions it. I have NO idea what this guy here on the left is supposed to be doing, (suggestions on a postcard?).

ri_4 (2).png

The south opening of the covered concourse as viewed in the previous picture.

Some more images for today...

View attachment 140473

Another view of the openings in the Regent Road wall. There will be 3 of these, as well the original turret openings north and south.
Giving 5 access points to the east side of the stadium.

View attachment 140474

The covered concourse on the west side. This point of view is looking South towards Nelson Dock, with the river and the steps on the other side of the wall on the right. There are cutouts in the roof as can be seen by the sun forming patterns on the pavement.
and before anyone mentions it. I have NO idea what this guy here on the left is supposed to be doing, (suggestions on a postcard?).

View attachment 140475

The south opening of the covered concourse as viewed in the previous picture.
Thanks for posting these, they look great.
It looks like the pedestrian access through the wall are the same cuts made for construction vehicles, just re built. I think they look great. I also like the attention to detail in the rendering, showing the different mortar in the two sections of wall.
I think the fella on the left is attempting a rugby union conversion, he's gone to a football ground by mistake.
Any idea why they had to reduce the overall height by 2m? Seems like a negligible amount in the greater scheme of things but must have caused a tonne of reworking plans.