New Everton Stadium Discussion

And this is at the root of my interest/concern. It is usual and perfectly understandable that clubs’ pull in the transfer claws a fair but at certain key periods when doing a big build. This could have a massive impact on the team we are watching just before and in the first few years of the stadium.
The stadium has to go forward if the club is to go forward. I am made up that it is, although I think I will probably cry when I see my last match at Goodison. But the stadium in itself is not some magic wand or golden bullet. According to how its funding pans out there could be dramatic impacts on the football side of Everton FC because both elements are inextricably linked. Given the current weakness of the playing side plus the first signs of a cautious approach in the transfer market the whole funding part of the stadium is of more importance to me than it was, even if I will fall short of full understanding of some of the intricacies of how it will be done. I do believe Moshiri and co will pull it off but some of the implications of how are of interest too.
@Jacko93
Well said. Understandable fans have their concerns. Appears we have no money, but Moshiri has said numerous time's money isn't an issue, it's FFP and Premier league spending rules.

I'm not as savy as some on here when it comes to football finance, but I've read that the stadium build an expenses don't have a baring on FFP and therefore not sure how it links to the footballing side of things.

I know some will blame the millions we are going to spend on the stadium on how poor our midfield is again, but that's just the way the average football fan thinks.

The stadium will dominate this part of the waterfront....

E7sgLmtX0AM8izI.jpg