New Everton Stadium Discussion

There was an interview where he effectively laughed at FFP when the issue was raised. To paraphrase, he chuckled and said I think the authorities have more important things to think about than Everton and FFP.

Still, if we are to be taking out massive loans to fund the project, is it not about time we are made aware?

Whatever the funding structure may be, I think the time has come where the fan base should be made aware of it.

The club have already said mate - Moshiri is funding phase 1 and in phase 2 come Autmn/Winter they'll announce phase 2 funding which will be made up of loan and naming rights deal.

Post-planning permission, is it too much to be informed as to how this will actually be funded, with detail rather than ambiguity?

Having looked at Goat’s post in the transfer thread, showing how we’ve gone from Carlo Ancellotti laughing about FFP and being linked to Koulibally to supposedly being skint in a matter of months. Then I can’t help but think that the queue of people wanting to lend money for this stadium venture may not be very big at all, and that Moshiri or USM may have to use more of their own funds then first thought?

Just a hypothesis based on the limited information available.

In the commercial property world, our ground is a mere pin prick, finance wise. To lenders, (if we have them), the risk is different than say funding a shopping centre. As in, the sole occupant is a football club, not dozens of shops. So, if said club goes pop, you cant really get a new club playing there, and you cant really use it for anything else.

So, as a lender, (if we have one), you do have some leverage re interest rates, cos the risk is higher. But, as the borrower, (if we do), you can mitigate that by owners of means providing guarantees of repayment.

So, a guaranteed repayment, and a guaranteed yield, (interest payments), turns out to be very very low risk, and very attractive, in the commercial property funding world. Which are often pension funds and shiz.

There was an interview where he effectively laughed at FFP when the issue was raised. To paraphrase, he chuckled and said I think the authorities have more important things to think about than Everton and FFP.

Still, if we are to be taking out massive loans to fund the project, is it not about time we are made aware?

Whatever the funding structure may be, I think the time has come where the fan base should be made aware of it.
Why?

Thats because he knew he wouldn't still be here

Why not? I don’t see why the funding details have to remain a secret? To use the Kirkby move as a comparison, the funding details were all over the Echo.

I also feel that supporters would be a bit more understanding about our financial situation if they were told that Moshiri or USM are gona have to put 100 - 200 million pound down over the next 12 - 24 months.

Why not? I don’t see why the funding details have to remain a secret? To use the Kirkby move as a comparison, the funding details were all over the Echo.
That's because the greatest living Evertonian was using the Echo as his propaganda platform.

Multiple articles each week in how wonderful it was going to be, we were so fortunate because all these external stakeholders would be building it for us.

Still, job done. A shedload of absolute dopes fell for it and voted for it.