New Everton Stadium Discussion

BBC news. UNESCO say that it's Evertons new building that's caused the problem.
Gtf.
Well theyre wrong focussing on us as UNESCO threats were formerly on the developments round the Strand and Pier Head area. Cities move with the times architecturally and from our point of view, were not exactly desecrating the Roman walls of Chester. Our iconic buildings are intact and revered. Regenerating dereliction and giving life, population and trade to abandoned areas should be commended not denigrated. My brother was trained architecturally here in the late 60s and I can't unfortunately say here what he said to me earlier regarding the UNESCO "grandees" because of the swear filter

Hilarious seeing those in the replies genuinely fuming the City has been stripped of it.

It added no Value to the City anyway, absolutely zilch.

Mind boggles. It's a "prestigious" title but nothing more. They don't give the city any money. They don't provide any fringe benefits. It's actually been a millstone round the city's neck.

Misinformation doesn't help.
Anyone would think we had just condemned the Liver Buildings, St George's Hall and the Albert Dock.
Plus the dock area of BM (as we all know) is practically derelict. This is a catalyst for development and more development.
For what it's worth the club did everything to appease these faceless bureaucrats, IE to protect the dock itself.

Funny how they cited Everton because it makes it easier for the dumb RS to blame Everton.