New Everton Stadium Discussion

So what we really need is USM copying what both state owned plastic clubs City and PSG do is using as many owner linked companies as possible to boost the commercial revenues by 10 fold boosting turnover which in turn boost spending power increasing the chances of winning trophies.

We need better people at all levels of the Club. We've just had a season with James playing in royal blue and never even had a sleeve sponsor. We're a shambles.

I am under the strong impression that its all gone over to housing apart from BMD.

Very little green space, no retail, no office space and no supposed concert hall.

Certainly not the last time I was talking about it it hadn't.

3 reasons I would doubt that:
a) That would require a change of usage application from their original outline planning consent, meaning they woudl have to reapply (a costly and time consuming process)
b) There would be a lot of wasted time if they were to change plans on what is happening down there, both with designs and contracts.
c) Other developments local to that area, not specifically part of the LW, would suffer hugely with a massive change of use such as that, to the point of scuppering them entirely. Leading me to expect that planning would not be passed.

I'm not saying it hasn't changed, just that in my opinion it is very unlikely. The last time I had any meaningful conversation about it though, was going on 12 months ago.

In the interest of making money for the club the fan plaza will be massive there can't be anything else like it in English football, were as other clubs lose an awful lot of money during the walk up to boozers, cafes, street vendors etc. Every penny spent within Bramley's imposing walls will be Evertons.
It’ll be great and will generate such a great atmosphere. People will come to the ground early and/or stay later after the game too.

Better if USM bought out Umbro and paid us £100 million a year kit deal.

Then bought out Costa Coffee and got us a sleeve sponsorship for £30 million a year.

Then bought out Ryanair and paid us £150 million a year to sponsor the ground, shirt and Finch Farm.

Because a ground sponsor alone is peanuts in the climate of football these days, our commercial revenues are only £64 million, United, RS and City are in the £260-320 million range, and by the time we move into BMD their commercials revenues with inflation will be almost 300-370 million a year.

So what we really need is USM copying what both state owned plastic clubs City and PSG do is using as many owner linked companies as possible to boost the commercial revenues by 10 fold boosting turnover which in turn boost spending power increasing the chances of winning trophies.

Or USM should buy some jarg Ukranian club like FC Dnipro and buy Sigurdsson and Iwobi for £100m each.

How high is the new stadium in comparison to the top balcony?
EFC5.jpg

EFC11.jpg

I can see this build being temporarily shelved.

1. Massive shortages on Concrete nationwide.
2. Up to 60% increase on steel.
3. Amazon have bought out all cladding for the warehouses.

Seeing how most of the stadium would be presumably concrete and steel, I can a 300m stadium costing 450m.

Edit: Civil Engineer here, just commenting on problems with my particular industry. Any other Engineer type peeps having the same issues?
You couldn’t engineer a wank, mate

Why is everyone arsed about us having a massive stadium? Is it just a knob measuring thing? Generally speaking the bigger the crowd, the more the atmosphere suffers, I’d rather us create a hostile environment than be able to cram 10,000 more day trippers in.
I'm a day tripper.. I don't want it to become near impossible to get a ticket for the few times a year I'd like to go.

Gotta say, I enjoy searching Twitter for “Bramley Moore”, and seeing hundreds of reds who can’t decide between ‘it’ll never happen’, ‘ours is still bigger’, ‘it’s terrible threatening the city’s UNESCO status’ and other equally lame objections.
LOL, the best one I heard from a red friend here in Ireland was that the stadium shouldn't be allowed to go ahead because there's no infrastructure in place for traffic on match day... I don't know if he was on a wind up or not but I can't help wondering why someone in Ireland would even remotely care what traffic in Liverpool is going to be like on any given day.