New Everton Stadium Discussion

No owner in football has spent more than Moshiri since he took over Everton.

But sure, let's replace him.

Get back to the Corona thread, Bruce is praising the Germans.
Ellis Short, Randy Lerner, Venkys....imagine if we'd have got someone in the mold of these? Not to mention the crabs who passed Portsmouth round last the last ciggy at a party. The man's backing has been incredible,sure mistakes have been made along the way,but never once have his decision been made out of pure self interest.

35 mins
my lunch is technically an hour but its a sound place so no one is arsed with 10 mins here and there, there will be times where i will work an extra 10 mins somewhere down the line. I noticed that that Bramley Moore pub is a total dump by the way, deffo needs a lick of paint that yard.
They wouldn’t even notice you missing mate haha!!

Sandhills is exactly the same distance to the ground as Kirkdale is to Goodison, according to Google maps.

The Old Hall Street entrance to Moorfields is less than 1.5 miles away. I reckon they might also open up the Water Street entrance to James Street for match days too. It's normally only open something like 8am-5pm Mon-Fri.

No reason anybody should need to walk from Lime Street when connecting trains are available to Old Hall Street/Moorfields, Sandhills, and James Street/Water Street every 5 mins or so.

Sandhills is exactly the same distance to the ground as Kirkdale is to Goodison, according to Google maps.

The Old Hall Street entrance to Moorfields is less than 1.5 miles away. I reckon they might also open up the Water Street entrance to James Street for match days too. It's normally only open something like 8am-5pm Mon-Fri.

No reason anybody should need to walk from Lime Street when connecting trains are available to Old Hall Street/Moorfields, Sandhills, and James Street/Water Street every 5 mins or so.
Ah, the good old days. Exchange station up to Kirkdale. A quick scamper up the steps to the pub at the top, The Railway. Place your order to the lads who while you were at the match, go into town and shoplift your choice, and have them ready for you on your return to the pub. Long lines of pre-pulled ale ready for the rush.

Used that Water St. exit a few times , quite a pull up the hill. Do they call it the rat run or something ?

Is James street the nearest station, travelodge there too, beats the guest houses around Goodison haha crikey had interesting times in these lol, nothing weird just quite funny stuff that you'd find in satire and cliché's lol.

Its going to take a massive change of routine for me come BMD. I've got three years or so to prepare an itinerary that'll allow us a City Centre experience rather than County Road. I'm going to be curious about post match activities at BMD. It could be that it'll be easier hanging around rather than a mad dash for the car.

The whole question of transport to BMD always makes me laugh. Everyone manages to get to Goodison and Anfield from all over the place even though they’re both stuck in amongst residential housing with not much parking available, pretty inaccessible by taxis, and only a few bus routes. I’m sure people will manage to find their way to a city centre stadium that’s within walking distance of numerous train stations and numerous bus routes.

Is James street the nearest station, travelodge there too, beats the guest houses around Goodison haha crikey had interesting times in these lol, nothing weird just quite funny stuff that you'd find in satire and cliché's lol.

Moorfields a smidgen closer and there's a big Premier Inn next to the station.

Totally unscientific this but I wonder how many fewer people who go for a pint before and after the match do so around Goodison compared to 10/20 years ago? Far fewer if the anecdotal evidence is anything to go on from people I know. I don't think I've had a drink around Goodison for about 10 years as the pubs were just not worth visiting from my point of view. I drink in town or Bootle and either get the Soccer bus from St John's Lane or walk from Bootle.

Hard to say at this early stage what my match day routine will be, but I'm hoping BMD will be attractive enough for me for me to get there way before the match and stay for a good while afterwards. Most probably I think I'll go straight to BMD from home then into town for a couple of hours after the match if I've still got a drink left in me. There again, the Ten Streets might have enough of an offer that we might not need to. Night games will be different of course, the area in and around BMD will probably be at its busiest for those games due to time constraints with work the next day. I think the new stadium will be breath taking for a night game in the winter and at its best.

Great times around the corner, fellow Evertonians.

owMpz1391dyl9hFcjid9twt6cad4xUxRa3kTKFdvt_Xcg0B7H8-hc0cVwIGPy4vYn0mroouC0bSxLS7QUKjmCmehpBr8wFLEAczytx5n3z509DXw25eWw-RbnXxh1fXCp53vIghHofXfpEwyfJrx2auZ8p2X

I can’t wait to be making weekly drives past BMD to see the progress in person.

What a stadium we’re going to have here.

Honestly don’t think I’d swap it for anything else in the country right now.

owMpz1391dyl9hFcjid9twt6cad4xUxRa3kTKFdvt_Xcg0B7H8-hc0cVwIGPy4vYn0mroouC0bSxLS7QUKjmCmehpBr8wFLEAczytx5n3z509DXw25eWw-RbnXxh1fXCp53vIghHofXfpEwyfJrx2auZ8p2X

I can’t wait to be making weekly drives past BMD to see the progress in person.

What a stadium we’re going to have here.

Honestly don’t think I’d swap it for anything else in the country right now.

I agree. There might be bigger capacities, more expensive ones, better built ones, even more eye-catching ones but taking in the whole package, I don't think there will be a better one. Location is the key, on the river, not too far from the city centre, catalyst for redeveloping the docks and next to a new district which will be built, namely Ten Streets. It's a wonderful thing to be looking forward to. Our best days are ahead of us.

I agree. There might be bigger capacities, more expensive ones, better built ones, even more eye-catching ones but taking in the whole package, I don't think there will be a better one. Location is the key, on the river, not too far from the city centre, catalyst for redeveloping the docks and next to a new district which will be built, namely Ten Streets. It's a wonderful thing to be looking forward to. Our best days are ahead of us.
Capacity wise, as long as we can get it up to around 60k in the future, I think that’s enough.

Anything more than that and I feel you start to lose the atmosphere. Imagine having a club stadium like Wembley, Nou Camp, etc. They’re just far too big for a club.