New Everton Stadium Discussion

Buses from a few points straight to BMD according to the documents. I think there are special buses from Bootle Strand planned, I believe
I think that will be the key. The main stadium in Perth (60,000 capacity) has no parking, drop off or taxis next to it. There are special buses from all over the city direct to the stadium, a train station next to it and a bridge so you can walk from the city. Every time I have been, I am on the bus home within 15 minutes of walking out the stadium.

I know we have to move and a new stadium on the waterfront is absolutely quality.....but you know when you take a step back and really think about, it will be horrible not having Everton play at Goodison and in particular the area where we've played in our entire history.
.whether you come from Anfield way and walk through Stanley Park, bus from town, live in Walton, short bus ride from West Derby Road, long drive from somewhere out of the City.....I just love the walk to Goodison, seeing her all lit up, enticing you in the hope that your going to see something special and magical.

All the history, all the legends, all the crap players, all the generations of family, all the rows if houses right on top of you, crowds overspillijg out of chip shops and the pub. That buzz around goodison the noise of the old turnstiles turning for the millionth time in its life.

Going to be so weird starting all this again, not doing the familiar journey.

I know we'll make it home and we'll make it our own but it's like selling a house that your kids were born in, or a family home you've stayed in all your life. I know it has to be done, but I honestly wish it didn't as I'll just be absolutely devastated to not be going to Goodison.

I wanted to be an old man, thats what I envisaged, going to Goodison with my son and his children (hopefully) in my 90's.

The new stadium looks amazing, but there will never be another Goodison and I'm going to miss it more than my ramblings of a crappy post could ever express.

D468D29B-1A09-458F-BCB5-2D104AD7CE51.jpeg

Ferries would be amazing. Years ago Eastham ferry had a ferry terminal, the Wirral have seacombe and Woodside terminals..... The club need to look at this.

Think of the pre match camera shots on sky.. Aerial shots of blues getting a boat over to the game - one of the most iconic associations of the city. Liver building lit up blue cos we own it. ...... Pans over to the shiny new stadium on the waterfront..... Then the camera pans away from the stunning waterfront scenery over a load of rooftops and this giant red holepunch appears on camera. .... Anfield.

The fume.....

Ferries would be amazing. Years ago Eastham ferry had a ferry terminal, the Wirral have seacombe and Woodside terminals..... The club need to look at this.

Think of the pre match camera shots on sky.. Aerial shots of blues getting a boat over to the game - one of the most iconic associations of the city. Liver building lit up blue cos we own it. ...... Pans over to the shiny new stadium on the waterfront..... Then the camera pans away from the stunning waterfront scenery over a load of rooftops and this giant red holepunch appears on camera. .... Anfield.

The fume.....
While I agree with all the imagery, I simply don't think a ferry terminal will be worth the expenditure and/or offer the reliability of service required.

It's all well and good on a Saturday match at 3pm in fair to good weather, but what about night matches or when the weather is rough in the winter?

From what I can tell, the last service is nearly 7pm, so unless they allow a special match timetable and some funding the club it doesn't feel a viable option.

If, a big if, Liverpool Waters kicks off like Peel want it to be may it be a viable route, but I can't see that happening in the foreseeable future.

I'd be more inclined to hope Merseytravel and the club invest in the bus and rail routes, be that extra services or potentially even a new station before Sandhills.

I know the first bit especially I was like wow.. real tear jurker, we do have an amazing football team... I honestly cannot think of any other club that does so much for it's own city.

Could of easily sold the land and make some sort of recoup, however the club has decided against this especially during this difficult times.
The club has not only said that we don't want money for the land but have also said we will help regeneration in the goodison areas! Building places that can be used by the people of the city no matter whom you support...

Also they haven't gone and cut corners by the docks but spending over 50m pounds in restoring the old docks and buildings l

Absolutely amazing!!

Setting an example to other city's and leading from the front.

I don't feel we're getting enough credit in the media

That is so right.

Would be nice to get some comms this week from Chong or DBB on next steps. From the Echo and other bits and bobs looks like getting contracts with Peel finalised and getting finance agreed and in place are the next things to happen, would be good to see those tied up quickly and get an idea of when the groundwork proper is expected to start.