New Everton Stadium Discussion

Nope.

Goodison is a 50 minute walk from Lime Street.

Bramley Moore is only 40 minutes.

It is also only 25 minutes walk from Moorfields and 15 minutes walk from Sandhills (same as Kirkdale to Goodison).
If you've route planned to bramley moore pub... you'll have to add about 2-300m to the stadium at the west of the dock basin. At which point there'll be just a few hundred metres difference from Lime St. If you choose a taxi, the difference is also small.... however, there will be fewer alternate routes on the waterfront, so congestion may make it slower on matchdays.

As an outsider to the city I see sandhills train station is the nearest to bramley moore was wondering if the wait and Qs will be long as my elderly dad may struggle with standing for long time.or will most fans be traveling on bus and foot ?
If I remember rightly there was something in the plans about putting a good amount of money (several millions) in to upgrading the train station, it makes sense for the operator of the line (northern or most likely Mersey rail) to make sure extra trains are on during a match day as well.

If I remember rightly there was something in the plans about putting a good amount of money (several millions) in to upgrading the train station, it makes sense for the operator of the line (northern or most likely Mersey rail) to make sure extra trains are on during a match day as well.
I think they’d lay on plenty of buses from the station to the ground as well. It’s a short walk I know but in the winter I think they’ll be full

I recall reading that they had no plans due to it not being viable currently.

My Uncle always drinks in Rigbys on Dale Street. That end of town will be rammed on matchday.
That is true. Will be bouncing. If anybody opens a pub at the half way point between Dale Street and BMD they'll be sitting on a gold mine.

A pub that should reopen is The Cunard on the corner of Boundary Street. It's a 10 minute downhill walk to the new ground and ideally placed for anybody getting off a bus from most points north and north east eg Kirkdale, Bootle, Litherland, Crosby, Netherton, Walton, Aintree, Fazakerley, Kirkby and other places.

Last edited: