New Everton Stadium Discussion

My dad has hardly missed a game in over 60 years.
World Cup games, the lot.
Only once I’ve seen him lose his bottle in my whole life and that was at Goodison.
I’ve never let him forget it either.
( when we went 2-0 down to Wimbledon ).

It’s going to be some day that last one.
All the memories of our dads, grandads etc who we’ve all gone the game with.

FFS makes me emotional now already and we’re years away yet !!
Believe me, he wasn't the only one. lol

IMG-20210326-WA0053.jpg

It won’t be the same, for me personally it will never be as good as GP no matter what success it brings,
I get the ambition shown and fully grasp that it’s the chance of a lifetime and will put us back on the map, especially for the younger supporters that we now are capable of achieving, but it’s devastating now never mind when it’s the final game,
My main solace is that we’re going to a landmark site and can only be beneficial to the club, imagine going through this for Kirkby, what a disaster that would of been.

It won’t be the same, for me personally it will never be as good as GP no matter what success it brings,
I get the ambition shown and fully grasp that it’s the chance of a lifetime and will put us back on the map, especially for the younger supporters that we now are capable of achieving, but it’s devastating now never mind when it’s the final game,
My main solace is that we’re going to a landmark site and can only be beneficial to the club, imagine going through this for Kirkby, what a disaster that would of been.
I understand exactly how you feel mate.
We absolutely have to move , and the new ground will be great , even iconic.
However , today has brought me to the absolute reality that Goodison as we know it , is going. I have so many memories there , as we all do. Brings back great memories of my old fella.
Hopefully , the legacy that we leave behind there will be great.
That last game is going to be so emotional.

Swerved my season ticket after going down south for uni. Never quite got going back the match after I come back up. Trying my best to get a season ticket back at the old girl. That last game is going to be heavy mate, arl fellas hugging plastic seats and that.
Needs must, and it is exciting but, Goodison is Everton, it's what I think of when I think of Everton.

Time to invest in this project?
Short term, buy a 40 tone tipper to help fill the dock, or buy 10 portable urinals (no craps) for half way up the dock rd to the ground. Everyone will be bursting for a piss and at £1 a slash I’ll make a fortune. I’ll get the wife to clean them.