New Everton Stadium Discussion

Surely the land is owned by Peel so I wonder if they did a deal with Knightsbridge?

Peel don't own the land on that side of Regent road.

Would be interesting to see what it looked like, and the scale of the development. There is a balance in a city for land use types, and Liverpool are, strangely, potentially at risk of losing too much of the industrial areas. Certainly with the ongoing development of Ten streets and further gentrification of the Baltic triangle.

What happens on Peels land though, who knows.....

I'm only guessing though.

Thought it would have been 100% all fans would want this, though i suppose the odd one or so whoever they are dont want to move, we just have to hope we get that Green Light next week and no one wants to delay it
Its not that they don't want to move, more so that they feed off negativity and love nothing better than to wallow in misery and strut around saying "See I told you so, nobody listens to me".

I think that trying to suggest that an hotel not getting planning permission could somehow be linked to the Everton project not receiving government approval even though it has already received planning permission from the City Council is quite a stretch.

I think it has been mentioned some where that a decision should be made public around late next week. I feel that will not be the case with all this health business and we may have to wait a wee bit longer which is a pain.

Thanks for posting that Dave, interesting piece. Are there plan for industry on the land or is LCC hoping?

yes, that site is an utter ridiculous place to even consider putting an hotel. At the back you’d have an industrial estate and at the front you’d have a business park

The land further down derby road, on the corner of bankhall lane was in the same state and recently developed into further industrial buildings. This plot will be earmarked for the same