New Everton Stadium Discussion

Sudden talk of a joint U.K. Ireland 2030 WC bid. The Irish element includes two stadia in Dublin so is it safe to assume BMD will be an element of this along with Grayskull ?

Sudden talk of a joint U.K. Ireland 2030 WC bid. The Irish element includes two stadia in Dublin so is it safe to assume BMD will be an element of this along with Grayskull ?
Greyskull will be a stadium hosting a div 2 team in 2030
Not exactly a picture of Britain I think the Government will want to portray to the world

You’d have to think the closest Premier League stadium to Ireland, on the river that has been a gateway between our 2 countries for hundreds of years, would be a good candidate from a symbolism point of view.

Not to mention it’ll also be the best stadium in the UK. It’d be rude not to use it.

When they're bidding countries just need to give FIFA lots of options; the final selection is made by FIFA and the organising committee once the host nation is set.

Our new stadium (ready a year later as it turned out :hayee:) and Stanley Park stadium were included in the 2018 bid. BMD will surely be included for 2030.

You’d have to think the closest Premier League stadium to Ireland, on the river that has been a gateway between our 2 countries for hundreds of years, would be a good candidate from a symbolism point of view.

Not to mention it’ll also be the best stadium in the UK. It’d be rude not to use it.
I think there's a few cities that will have 2 stadiums in a UK/Ireland bid
London obviously
Manchester
Glasgow
Liverpool

If we were to be successful in getting the WC, I don't think we'd be included.

It's the FA who'd be deciding and there's no way they're denying their precious Anfield games in the biggest competition in the world.

Normally 10 Stadiums for a World Cup.

I'd go for

Celtic Park
Hampden
Aviva
St James Park
USM Bramley-Moore
Old Trafford
Villa Park
Tottenham
Emirates
Wembley

48 teams from 2026. And any UK/Eire bid must include Dublin, Belfast, Edinburgh and Cardiff I'd have thought in addition to the football heartlands.

Normally 10 Stadiums for a World Cup.

I'd go for

Celtic Park
Hampden
Aviva
St James Park
USM Bramley-Moore
Old Trafford
Villa Park
Tottenham
Emirates
Wembley
Think you would need to throw in a south coast stadium as well, so maybe Southampton as well as the Etihad. Past 2 world cups have had 12 stadia although Qatar will only have 8