New Everton Stadium Discussion

I think it looks amazing. Much rather be somewhere like that than sitting near the board of directors.

43723AC300000578-4810738-Everton_and_Manchester_City_players_can_be_seen_walking_from_the-a-67_1503350852613.jpg
IMO the likes of this is all what's wrong with football. Players should be able to argue, swear, do whatever they do once down the tunnel. Not have to worry about a prawn sandwich brigade watching their every move.

IMO the likes of this is all what's wrong with football. Players should be able to argue, swear, do whatever they do once down the tunnel. Not have to worry about a prawn sandwich brigade watching their every move.

agreed, where does it stop? be the same for the changes next and meet and greets in the dressing room straight after the games

should just pay your money to watch the game then go home/the pub and let the players do there own thing

Squeaky bum time...

D-day for Liverpool and Birmingham

A decision on whether to commit more than half a billion pounds of public money, the biggest sum to be spent on staging a sports event in England since the London 2012 Olympic Games, is facing the government over the next four weeks.

At stake is the opportunity to host the 2022 Commonwealth Games: Liverpool and Birmingham are bidding against each other to be England’s nominee. Within the next week, ministers will decide which city gets the nod and then, before the end of the month, issue a final verdict on whether to put forward a bid.

The cost of hosting the Commonwealth Games in either city would be between £500 million and £680 million, with 75 per cent coming from the Treasury and 25 per cent from the city council. There would also need to be a contingency fund of about £100 million. Ticket sales and sponsorship would also be expected to bring in at least £120 million.

As with everything in Whitehall at the moment, Brexit is casting a big shadow over the decision. However, those involved in the bids hope that the government will see hosting the Commonwealth Games as the first post-Brexit opportunity for the country to make a major statement about its new independence from Europe, and both cities are pushing the event as an opportunity for Britain to develop new trade links with its fellow Commonwealth members.

The incentive for both cities is obvious — it would mean close to half a billion pounds of central government money being invested in the city to help regenerate areas.

More @ https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/d-day-for-liverpool-and-birmingham-trr6jbj7b

I can't understand how people don't want the city to get the CWG. The fear by comparing us to Hampden and London Stadium as really got some people living on the edge. A new stadium will not be in comparison to either of those venues; Hampden was built in 1907 and was last renovated 20 years ago, and the London stadium was built as an athletics stadium.

If the City does win the games the windfall for Everton would be huge. We would be central top what can only be described as one of the biggest regeneration builds in Europe, the footfall and revenue that would come our way following this would enable us to take an even bigger step to competing. Not to mention all the foreign investment, a PL club located in the middle of a cash cow would have investors rubbing their hands.

Modern architects have the tools and techniques to do amazing things these days, so don't panic over the thought of a running track as i'm sure there'll be a solution already on the table.

I can't understand how people don't want the city to get the CWG. The fear by comparing us to Hampden and London Stadium as really got some people living on the edge. A new stadium will not be in comparison to either of those venues; Hampden was built in 1907 and was last renovated 20 years ago, and the London stadium was built as an athletics stadium.

If the City does win the games the windfall for Everton would be huge. We would be central top what can only be described as one of the biggest regeneration builds in Europe, the footfall and revenue that would come our way following this would enable us to take an even bigger step to competing. Not to mention all the foreign investment, a PL club located in the middle of a cash cow would have investors rubbing their hands.

Modern architects have the tools and techniques to do amazing things these days, so don't panic over the thought of a running track as i'm sure there'll be a solution already on the table.
Twas a joke Chris

I like to think i look at the bigger picture and what an opportunity for this city. if it means some sort of compromise with our new stadium to get the CWG ....i'm all in.
Technology can do wonders nowadays.

The concern is that there's never before been a track placed inside a tight football stadium. The geometry doesn't allow it and our budget certainly doesn't.

If we win the games I'm fully expecting one end to be completed afterwards.

LCC suggested they would pay for a temporary track / platform, nothing more. We won't be building a stadium with retractable stands or any other of these incredible architectural solutions.